Sing like nobody's listening.
    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• picklemonkey
      Double hoodie beer monster
      • Jun 2004

Re: Made in Korea??

Originally posted by speciale
      ^^^^ How long did it take you to write that? what are you on atm?
      ^at least he's not making retarded repeated posts

Comment

• chanty
        John, John, where art thou!
        • Jun 2004

congratulations...sounds like it's going well for you!
        Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• runningman
          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
          Agree completely.

My firm is active in occupational health and safety and I have to say that I'm 100% that your product will have a market in Europe. But with a website like that... Nah...

Apart from the lay out and graphics which look very 90's, the text is too much "hey, look at my cool concept" and too little "buy my product, this is what you need!!!" It's missing sales punch in other words. Your unique selling points aren't emphasised, you're not creating "need" with the potential buyer (or not much), the style of the texts aren't sexy

Moreover, you're targeting a too small market. I have the impression that you're pushing the real estate/construction (evacs from large office buildings and such) too much. The industrial customers are much more interesting imo. I work a lot with companies that own large chemical/power plants or mass production factories. Now that's where the cash is AND the need. Emergency evacuation is especially in the chemical industry an item both the authorities as the corporations pay a lot of attention to. And your product imo solves a number of problems and facilitate others.

Now, I know you're in the stage of finding investors.You might think it's too early to pull out the marketing trickbox, but potential investors listen to Radio WII FM (What's In It For Me?). You should sell those guys like you'd sell buyers. When you can convince people that your product will sell, you'll find investors pretty easily.

So much for the sales talk (I used to work as an account manager ). I'm putting my industrial safety cap back on to ask you something: what background do you guys have? Don't get me wrong, but I get the impression that you hardly are in touch with the field of expertise of the market you're making your product for. Is there anybody in your team that has experience in industrial safety and/or emergency interventions/evacuations? I hope not because if there is, he's doing a lousy job...

My advice to you is:
          - read up on legal requirements on evacuation equipment and procedures.
          - read up on legal requirements on crisis management procedures and intervention plans.
          - talk to safety engineers and firemen in the field to find out what "language" they speak and what their concerns/needs/problems are that could fit your product.
          - do a market scan of available evacuation solutions available and find out where your product can deliver added value.

And oh yeah *changing my hardhat for my desk* It's nice to read you guys have "has a rare mixture of elite entrepreneurial, managerial and technical skills", but - no offence - anybody can say that. I think I'm pretty hot myself as a matter of fact What skills are you talking about? Same goes for the "working experience and superior business school education". Unless you only have experience flippin' burgers at McDo, I'd like to hear some credentials and name dropping.

Be more specific. Make me horny. Blow me away. Show me that you guys really know how to play ball. Convince me that this product is a sales hit. Get me to the point where I'd even give you a blowjob if that would get me on board of the venture.

Or else quit wasting my time and fuck off... (not to be taken personally )
          this website was made last year when it was just about "look at my cool concept".. that is why I am saying that this one will be down soon with a great new one.. This wasn't about selling at the time.. I just had an idea I wanted to throw out there.

the new one will have all background research(from NRC-Canada and the NY State Letters) and support from Governments.. Believe me when I say that I hate this website as well, I mean it. I want it off as well but I am appealing to businessmen now so it is about the concept.. they will come in and sell it to you..

Comment

• KinKyJ
            Platinum Poser
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by speciale
            ^^^^ How long did it take you to write that? what are you on atm?
            Dunno, 15mins? I'm sober actually. It's just that when you've started your own business, you tend to develope certain passions...

Btw, what's wrong with helping a fellow MS'er out? The peepz in this cesspool have helped my out as well in the past. Just returning the favor...

Comment

• speciale
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by KinKyJ
              Btw, what's wrong with helping a fellow MS'er out? The peepz in this cesspool have helped my out as well in the past. Just returning the favor...
              nothing wrong with that. Good to see people lending a hand in this day and age There seems to be a good list of pretty successful people on this board.
              Originally posted by Miroslav
              It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
              No Soup for You

Comment

• KinKyJ
                Platinum Poser
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
                this website was made last year when it was just about "look at my cool concept".. that is why I am saying that this one will be down soon with a great new one.. This wasn't about selling at the time.. I just had an idea I wanted to throw out there.

the new one will have all background research(from NRC-Canada and the NY State Letters) and support from Governments.. Believe me when I say that I hate this website as well, I mean it. I want it off as well but I am appealing to businessmen now so it is about the concept.. they will come in and sell it to you..
                I'm very curious how the project is gonna roll man, do keep me posted. And if you need some pointers or info on where to find industrial safety info, just PM me.

Btw, I don't buy/sell goods, I provide services like consultancy, training and interim management. But I do have a lot of contacts in the sector. Should I give you my business card in case you want to tackle the European market?

Comment

• Morgan
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Constructive feed back is always good.

What about the dangers from lasers, if the building blew could it not knock the laser and then pose a H&S risk to evacuees eyes. I realise that burning to death would be worse, but in the "sue everyone" world we live in now is it not a risk / drawback?

Devils adovcate i know.
                  "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

there would be level contacts on the unit itself to ensure that if the laser would be knocked off level they wouldn't turn on.. this would help solve the problem because they won't be on to hit people in the eye. This is why we have to train trades people to properly install the units. It isn't really that difficult or different from mounting an exit sign other then the level check.

Comment

Working...