Where do you suggest getting music from dj's not wanted on this site (PVD, Tiesto)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonin
    Juvenile Delinquent
    • Oct 2005

Re: Where do you suggest getting music from dj's not wanted on this site (PVD, Tiesto

Originally posted by red1
    yea i,m one of those guys really...i used to hammer trance when Vath and djdag and all the other european dj's were playing it, i was much younger then and i still have a healthy respect for the trance sound but the way its going right now is totally destroying the scene...as an listener to most electronic music i guess that the problem is that when everyone was hammering trance in those days the listeners were probibly all high on all sorts and i guess that way of thinking has stuck with the whole trance scene even though it may not be the case today ( i can only speak for my country )....if i,m honest i can listen to one or 2 track in a trance mix and like parts of it simply because certain basslines might bring back memories of the golden days but this whole new age in trance cannot compete with those days, well in my eyes anyway...the music has gone down that euphoric breakdown road which in this country has been hammered by record labels wanting to break into the commercial big time, as an older clubber this is my majour problem with the whole trance scene right now as i was brought up listening to underground music so its kind of became a way of life for me....alot of people have been brought up this way so in some respect i think that this way of thinking is respected accross the board....when i listen to a cd brought out by tiesto my first thought is " how the hell is this guy been the best dj in the world, with mixing like that i wouldnt even rate him " and the simple answer to that question is that he plays songs which will raise a clubs atmosphere that goes through the roof ...personally i wouldnt give him the time of day...his mixing is one of the worst i,ve heard for a dj of his stature but in saying that you have to respect people like this for bring new people into the scene as some of those people may decide to go down that underground route aswell or then again they may choose to stick to there guns...all i,m trying to say is its healthy to have an open mind when it comes to music because if you dont then there is no progression

Comment

• speciale
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Dec 2005

Re: Where do you suggest getting music from dj's not wanted on this site (PVD, Tiesto)?

+1 lmao
      Originally posted by Miroslav
      It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
      No Soup for You

Comment

• unkownartist
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Re: Where do you suggest getting music from dj's not wanted on this site (PVD, Tiesto)?

lol

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

The people have spoken

Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• 3d_1200
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Re: Where do you suggest getting music from dj's not wanted on this site (PVD, Tiesto

Originally posted by DancingQueen
            Trance dj's don't just play trance anymore. They play house, prog, and even some electro. I love how I can go to a trance party and hear a bit of everything in one night
            Please show me a tracklist where a prominent trance dj plays a real electro track. i think if tiesto laid down some anythony rother, the entire city of berlin would spontaneously combust.

the thing with trance is, people listened back in the day because the music was of value and substance. it was really was innovative at the time, and ultra refreshing break from heavy metal or rap. but now trance doesnt sound "progressive" or moving forward, it sounds just like it did a long while ago. for people looking for new sounds, trance is not where you can find them.

however its like 10 years later, and trance is extrememly watered down and very stagnent. lets say for a moment karen is right, and that the trance gods are including other genres in there sets. what does that say about the state of the music? that the market is sooo saturated with hands in the air trance anthems, that they just simply cant get away with playing pure trance, because it's just not good enough.

but fact of the matter is, there is one element of the music that was a major factor in driving me away from it.

GAY.TRANCE.BREAKDOWNS.

3 minutes of no percussion, some washy synth pads, and some girl talking about love or oceans, or oceans of love or some wishy washy shit, is boring, and is totally unnessesary.
            http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• unkownartist
              Banned
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by 3d_1200
              Please show me a tracklist where a prominent trance dj plays a real electro track. i think if tiesto laid down some anythony rother, the entire city of berlin would spontaneously combust.
              lmao i dont think u have an argument there because i couldnt see rother mixing in a tiesto track into red light district or biomechanik...it just wouldnt fit

Comment

• unkownartist
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by AntonyM
                The people have spoken

yea they have...POP CONCERT

Comment

• 3d_1200
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by red1
                  lmao i dont think u have an argument there because i couldnt see rother mixing in a tiesto track into red light district or biomechanik...it just wouldnt fit
                  your imagination is vivid my friend.
                  http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• palmer
                    Retired or Simply Important
                    • Jun 2004

some girl talking about love or oceans, or oceans of love or some wishy washy shit, is boring, and is totally unnessesary.
                    todayistomorrow
                    art direction | design | animation

Comment

• unkownartist
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2005

your imagination is vivid my friend.
                      naaaa i just havnt taken drugs in years

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

I've have always liked a cross section of music and have been a fan of PVD since 1997 when he played Cream and brought out a classic Essential Mix. His music has been played by Sasha and Diggers in the past (albeit pre -2000) - while PVD's taste goes up and down I am glad to support him by going to hear the odd set and checking out what he plays (just as I do with Diggers even though his electro phase leaves me pretty cold). PVD is a talented producer (even though he hasn't surpassed Seven Ways) and has always supported EDM and clubbers rights - a TWILO regular, he was critical and vocal about its closure. He deserves his no.1 spot for his support to the EDM scene (just as Diggers did at the time). Paul has always had a musical ear and played some amazing tunes in Ibiza last year - and he was diverse (even playing a lot of Balaeric tunes). Would I see him ahead of Sasha, Diggers or Hernan given the choice ... hell no - but, in my books, the guy still deserves some respect - whatever our progressive tastes.
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                          AVB FanClub | President
                          • Oct 2005

Here is a recent tracklist from Tiesto in Decemeber....I know some of you know the tracks on here and they aren't all trance....some house, prog, techno and trance.

Tiesto - Live at Heineken Music Hall (12-03-2005)

Tracklist

01. Peres & Petersky - Hello Ladies
                          02. Oliver Moldan Pres. Prawler - Marrakech
                          03. Markus Schulz Feat. Anita Kelsey - First Time
                          04. Niklas Harding Pres. Arcane - Blue Circles
                          05. Kalafut & Fygle - Novocaine (Mark Otten Remix)
                          06. ID
                          07. Portishead - Roads (Sultan & Tonedepth Edit) (Live)
                          08. Pryda - The Gift
                          09. Late Night Alumni - Empty Streets (Seamus Haji & Paul Emmanuel Remix)
                          10. Coca And Vila - La Noche
                          11. Joris Voorn - Incident
                          12. ID
                          13. Sasha - Belfunk (Matthew Dekay Remix)
                          14. Schiller - Das Glockenspiel (Humate Remix)
                          15. ID # 14 Duplex
                          16. Above & Beyond Feat. Andy Moor - Air For Life
                          17. ID
                          18. Solarstone Feat. Jess - Like A Waterfall (In Search Of Sunrise Edit)
                          19. Jam & Spoon - Odyssey To Anyoona
                          20. Kosmas Epsilon - Innocent Thoughts
                          21. Funabashi - Daylight
                          22. Super8 vs. DJ Tab - Helsinki Schorhin
                          23. ID
                          24. Carrie Skipper - Time Goes By (Super8 Deep Mix)
                          25. Factoria - Kissed By An Andel (DST-7 Remix)
                          26. ID
                          27. Scott Mac ? Damager 02 (Mac Zimms Remix)
                          28. Mark Norman - Brasilia (Phantom Edit)
                          29. Gabriel & Dresden Feat. Molly - Tracking Treasure Down
                          30. ID
                          31. Purple Haze - Eden
                          32. James Holden - Horizons
                          33. ATB - Let U Go (E-Craigs 2005 Rework)
                          34. Nautical Imagery - Distant Dreams (Alex Morph Remix)
                          35. Will Holland - Timeless (Deepwide Remix)
                          36. Interstate - Remember Me (Terry Bones Remix)
                          37. Inertia - The Chamber
                          38. Headstong - Close Your Eyes (Dwight van Mann Remix)
                          39. Marksun & Brian - Gran Rey (Ronski Speed Remix)
                          40. Sinead O'Conner - Troy (Push Remix)
                          41. Peetu S - A Bigger Palace
                          42. Mark Norman - Touchdown
                          43. Tiesto - Flight 643
                          44. Bart Claessen - Playmo
                          45. Ekon - Skywalker
                          46. Duende - Ilimitado
                          47. Ekon - Existence
                          48. ID
                          49. Aalto - Resolution
                          50. Alfa - Sacrosant
                          51. ID
                          52. Ronski Speed Feat. Stoneface And Terminal - Incognition (Club Mix)
                          53. ID
                          54. ID
                          55. Thomas Bronzwaer - Shadow World
                          56. Preach - My World
                          57. Preach - Broken Inside

And I know if some of you gave tracks like Thomas Bronzwaer - Shadow World a listen you would like them.
                          sigpic
                          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                            Vortexuralizor
                            • Jun 2004

any track can be trance at 140bpm though.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                              AVB FanClub | President
                              • Oct 2005

^^^ so are you saying any track at 128bpm is house then?
                              sigpic
                              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• unkownartist
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2005

she's right though, i posted this weeks essential mix by gabriel and dresden and looking @ the tracklists i was seriously surprised to find john tejada/ holden and also koma and bones...but this happens in all scenes from time to time when the big players get board with the same sound over and over and over again...its called progression

Comment

Working...