Where do you suggest getting music from dj's not wanted on this site (PVD, Tiesto)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Where do you suggest getting music from dj's not wanted on this site (PVD, Tiesto)?

Comment

• DancingQueen
      AVB FanClub | President
      • Oct 2005

Re: Where do you suggest getting music from dj's not wanted on this site (PVD, Tiesto)?

Taken from an interview by a local DJ here with Ferry Corsten

Ampz - Now there is a lot of movement in the dance scene at the moment worldwide. Where do you see this progressing to?

Corsten
      - I see a lot of new guys coming up. In the trance scene there is a lot of new people, but also in the progressive-house scene, Nic Fanciulli is one of those guys. Uh, Adam Sheridan in the trance scene is an upcoming guy. It’s good to see that the new guys actually break through and it’s funny to see that in this business the first people are starting to retire, like Danny Rampling and I heard Louie Vega as well. So you see there’s this move going on. And music-wise, I think that we’ve finally reached a point where, thank God to be honest, where we all start to mix things together. There’s not anymore, well it is to a certain extent, but it’s not anymore you play techno so “this” is techno and nothing else is allowed, or trance and nothing else is allowed, and house… It starts to crossover a little bit and uses influences of other styles. I mean I’ve played techno records with a trance break or a breaks record with a trance riff and that’s cool. The time has come to move on and blend things.
      sigpic
      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• AntonyM
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

Red1
        My talents are amazing

Dancing Queens's TL pretty much sums up
        how progressiveness of my sets

I am the MS master
        Obey your god

Originally posted by Shpira
        So came back last night...
        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
        Originally posted by Illuminate
        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• palmer
          Retired or Simply Important
          • Jun 2004

Re: Where do you suggest getting music from dj's not wanted on this site (PVD, Tiesto

Originally posted by red1
          she's right though, i posted this weeks essential mix by gabriel and dresden and looking @ the tracklists i was seriously surprised to find john tejada/ holden and also koma and bones...but this happens in all scenes from time to time when the big players get board with the same sound over and over and over again...its called progression

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/essentialmix/index.shtml

It's been that way for awhile now actually.
          Everyone just shits on whatever they don't listen anymore.
          todayistomorrow
          art direction | design | animation

Comment

Working...