Dabrye - Two/Three (and other upcoming Ghostly stuff)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peloquin
    Till I Come!
    • Jun 2004

Dabrye - Two/Three (and other upcoming Ghostly stuff)

DABRYE
    TWO/THREE

GI-50 | CD/2xLP/digital | June 13, 2006

Taking the next logical step in his evolutionary hip-hop album cycle, Dabrye has rounded up a formidable crew of MCs to create TWO/THREE. A moody, propulsive take on the genre, the Blade Runner-esque beats help cage rhymes ranging from world events to the street, with little chance to catch your breath. The result is a dizzying narcotic rush stronger than a back alley glue hit. Five years after his meticulously sculpted debut ONE/THREE, Tadd Mullinix is back to make an indelible mark with his new hip-hop sound.

Gritty singles Air and Game Over have thus far foretold the progression of the Dabrye sound, and in the full-length context these tracks fit together as pieces of an unstoppable manifesto. Other appearances by Vast Aire, Wildchild, Beans, and Ann Arbors Kadence work in tandem with Mullinixs signature handmade productions to create a hardheaded onslaught of the underground new school.

Going back to basics, instrumentals like Machines (pts. I & II), Bloop, and the Waajeed (Platinum Pied Pipers) collab Jorgy further showcase Dabryes uncommonly detail-driven style, balancing crackling trap kit beats against gossamer melodies and bass lines that reference jazz and electro in equal measure. Again emerging at the forefront of hip-hops new wave, Dabrye has made the wait worthwhile, offering up a Molotov cocktail as raw and uncompromising as its cover art (by WK Interact), and a proverbial cattle prod to the underground backside.

PLUS!!!

-a new Lusine 12" !!!

-the debut full-length of Bodycode. Bodycode (AKA Portable) is the newest Spectral signing. expect a blend of minimal techno, acid, and 80s tribal house, a bit on the poppy side of the spectrum.

-a split 12" of Audion and Ellen Allien!!! A new track from each, plus each one remixing the other's track.

-the first in a new series called "Spectral Sound Presents". The 12" has two new tracks from Rene Breitbarth, plus a remix of Bodycode by The Mole.

• unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Dabrye - Two/Three (and other upcoming Ghostly stuff)

very cooool label , i have the lusine album serial hodgepodge

Comment

• anonin
      Juvenile Delinquent
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by peloquin
      DABRYE
      TWO/THREE

GI-50 | CD/2xLP/digital | June 13, 2006

Taking the next logical step in his evolutionary hip-hop album cycle, Dabrye has rounded up a formidable crew of MCs to create TWO/THREE. A moody, propulsive take on the genre, the Blade Runner-esque beats help cage rhymes ranging from world events to the street, with little chance to catch your breath. The result is a dizzying narcotic rush stronger than a back alley glue hit. Five years after his meticulously sculpted debut ONE/THREE, Tadd Mullinix is back to make an indelible mark with his new hip-hop sound.

Gritty singles Air and Game Over have thus far foretold the progression of the Dabrye sound, and in the full-length context these tracks fit together as pieces of an unstoppable manifesto. Other appearances by Vast Aire, Wildchild, Beans, and Ann Arbors Kadence work in tandem with Mullinixs signature handmade productions to create a hardheaded onslaught of the underground new school.

Going back to basics, instrumentals like Machines (pts. I & II), Bloop, and the Waajeed (Platinum Pied Pipers) collab Jorgy further showcase Dabryes uncommonly detail-driven style, balancing crackling trap kit beats against gossamer melodies and bass lines that reference jazz and electro in equal measure. Again emerging at the forefront of hip-hops new wave, Dabrye has made the wait worthwhile, offering up a Molotov cocktail as raw and uncompromising as its cover art (by WK Interact), and a proverbial cattle prod to the underground backside.

PLUS!!!

-a new Lusine 12" !!!

-the debut full-length of Bodycode. Bodycode (AKA Portable) is the newest Spectral signing. expect a blend of minimal techno, acid, and 80s tribal house, a bit on the poppy side of the spectrum.

-a split 12" of Audion and Ellen Allien!!! A new track from each, plus each one remixing the other's track.

-the first in a new series called "Spectral Sound Presents". The 12" has two new tracks from Rene Breitbarth, plus a remix of Bodycode by The Mole.

whoa, whoa! all these sound absolutely sick, spectral/ghostly continues their quality output. I'm really interested in checking out that dabrye lp

Comment

• peloquin
        Till I Come!
        • Jun 2004

i can't wait to hear that audion/ellen allien 12"

one/three was awesome, two/three should be more of the same, interested to hear vocals

Comment

Working...