• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarneyIllfingas
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Tiesto sticks it to Toronto

Tiesto?s Show Moved To The Docks Entertainment Complex

Toronto, May 3, 2006 ? In an eager attempt to irritate fans and make more money, promoters have decided to change the venue for the upcoming Tiesto performance.

?By moving the May 21st show to the Docks (from the downtown location at Circa), we are able to cram thousands more people into the venue while keeping the ticket prices exactly the same,? stated Tiesto?s promoter. ?In order to sell a bunch of tickets up front, we made it seem like Tiesto would appear in a smaller club downtown. Then we pulled the old switcheroo and moved everything to the Docks to sell even more. It?s just good business sense.?

In this savvy plan, promoters will be able to inject 2,000 more bodies into the show, lowering the overall experience for fans that were loyal enough to buy the already overpriced tickets to the original performance. Promoters were also clever enough to avoid offering refunds to fans that were upset by the decision. ?If you are angry and you don?t want to come, just don?t show up. We?ll need the space anyway,? said the Docks general manager.

?I feel like I?ve been kicked in the nuts,? quipped Tiesto fan Steve Plant. ?I already thought it was a fairly bad deal at the $70 advance ticket price (including service charges). Now I?m going to have to shell out another $40 to get to the docks and back. I?m also pretty sure I won?t even be able to see Tiesto as they will certainly pack as many people into the place as possible. Man ? these promoters are really smart guys. I never saw it coming!?

As a minor consolation, promoters have advised that fans illegally download as much of Tiesto?s music as possible. ?It might make fans feel as though they are getting a little something back,? advised Tiesto?s promoter. ?And when they illegally download his music, it doesn?t affect our bottom line whatsoever. It?s another big win for us.?
    WHAT'S GOING DOWN
    IN OUR UNDERGROUND
    bringthebeats
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: Tiesto sticks it to Toronto

^^^ Where did you get such an article? I want an actual link before I believe this. The venue was changes as Circa isn't ready yet, plus it sold out really quickly.

If this was started for more Tiesto bashing, please don't bother
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• unkownartist
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by DancingQueen
      If this was started for more Tiesto bashing, please don't bother
      spoil sport lmao

Comment

• DJJEFFJONES
        Platinum Poster
        • Nov 2005

If the story is in fact true then that is bullshit! No matter what dj/promoter is pulling that shit!

and good lord $70 a ticket... wow
        http://www.idgafclothing.com

Comment

• speciale
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DJJEFFJONES

and good lord $70 a ticket... wow
          I can see the Rolling Stones at a cheaper price.
          Originally posted by Miroslav
          It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
          No Soup for You

Comment

• anonin
            Juvenile Delinquent
            • Oct 2005

tiesto bashing has been going on since the beginning of time, and i doubt its gonna subside anytime soon. people are just joking around. for the most part.

Comment

• DJJEFFJONES
              Platinum Poster
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by anonin

LMAO!!!

He needs to be bashed for the damn ticket price... That is just insane

I love Hernan but if his ticket price was $70 i would probably pass!

Desyn on the other hand that is another story!
              http://www.idgafclothing.com

Comment

• 3d_1200
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

you shouldn't pay $70 for any dj ever. that's fucking absurd. shame on anyone dumb enough to support this. i'd say the same if it were richie or luciano.
                http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• DancingQueen
                  AVB FanClub | President
                  • Oct 2005

yes Tiesto tickets are expensive, always have been. Saw him in Dec 04 and June 05, both $75 per ticket.....June show was meh, but the show in Dec was one of the best parties I have ever been too....I don't regret a penny from that night.

If you don't like the ticket prices, don't buy them....that simple. Leave the guy alone ffs
                  sigpic
                  RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                  RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Comment

• DancingQueen
                    AVB FanClub | President
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by 3d_1200
                    you shouldn't pay $70 for any dj ever. that's fucking absurd. shame on anyone dumb enough to support this. i'd say the same if it were richie or luciano.
                    I have paid that on several occaisons but for more then one DJ, it's just the way it is in Toronto. It is very expensive to party for the most part at clubs like Guv, The Docks, This is London, and Sonic. Average ticket price is $40.
                    sigpic

Comment

• speciale
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DancingQueen
                      If you don't like the ticket prices, don't buy them....that simple. Leave the guy alone ffs
                      I agree on that

The worse part of paying that much for a show is that fact that it doesn't include any drinks. Hell, beers go for about 7 bucks. That blows.
                      Originally posted by Miroslav
                      It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                      No Soup for You

Comment

• geoffgulley
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Apr 2005

after actually checking the tix are $60 (canadian) pre-sale and $75 at the door... yeah, it's alot of cash but the thing is people will pay it. Don't worry Karen, I'm not here to bash. If you like someone and want to see them live you sometimes have to kick out the bucks to see them... lets see, they sold 500 at $50 ($25,000) plus another 500 at $60 ($30,000) and now if they sell out the extra 2000 at either $60 or $75 they'll be taking in another, hmmmm $120,000 to $150,000 extra for the venue change (this isn't taking out pay for security/other dj's etc..). I've never seen a Tiesto contract/rider but after seeing these numbers I'd like to....
                        "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• BarneyIllfingas
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

Hey I rarely bash DJs. But admittingly, that's what I'm doing here.. I really shouldn't bother, but I needed some entertainment at my desk today. Sorry to offend.
                          WHAT'S GOING DOWN
                          IN OUR UNDERGROUND
                          bringthebeats

Comment

• 3d_1200
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

I've been to toronto on many occasions and the most i've ever paid was $30cdn and that was for boa's NYE party for 2005. Been to labours of love, and other very large events - never paying more then $25cdn. I don't mind a reasonable cover charge at all, but $70 is just too steep. Toronto has a large enough group of trance supporters to where it does not justify the rape in cover price. this event to me is what these types of dj's are all about. money.
                            http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• DancingQueen
                              AVB FanClub | President
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BarneyIllfingas
                              Hey I rarely bash DJs. But admittingly, that's what I'm doing here.. I really shouldn't bother, but I needed some entertainment at my desk today. Sorry to offend.
                              You didn't offend....just we have had about 4 Trance/Tiesto bashing threads this week and it's only Wed
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...