X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miketpoto
    Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
    • Jan 2005

Re: Tiesto sticks it to Toronto

4 out of 5 shows in NYC that I go to I dont ever have to pay jack shit... for Sasha and DIgweed I paid $40 advance and I think that is the most I have shelled out for a show in 2 years. Sasha tickets are usually 20 bucks max presale here too... Tiesto @ the same venue for 2 nights in a row $60 presale... WTF? For a dj who plays the same tired fucking tracks since 1998, and doesnt even do a Live PA or anything that requires special equiptment that is soooooooooooooo pathetic.

Why not order tickets to get raped while you are at it?

Comment

• Bryanw24
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Is this story true or something somebody made up? If I was a Tiesto fan(which I'm not) and I found out that his promoters pulled that shit I would be fuking PISSED! I would also like the link to wherever that was posted if it is true. Acually I wouldn't put it past any promoter to pull some shit like that.

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

no if Barney said it has to be true.

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
          4 out of 5 shows in NYC that I go to I dont ever have to pay jack shit... for Sasha and DIgweed I paid $40 advance and I think that is the most I have shelled out for a show in 2 years. Sasha tickets are usually 20 bucks max presale here too... Tiesto @ the same venue for 2 nights in a row $60 presale... WTF? For a dj who plays the same tired fucking tracks since 1998, and doesnt even do a Live PA or anything that requires special equiptment that is soooooooooooooo pathetic.

Why not order tickets to get raped while you are at it?
          couldnt have said it better.
          +10
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Bryanw24
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

I've been to Crobar for a Sasha and Digweed party and the crowd was fuking insane!! a bunch of rude SOB's. Can you imagine all the candy ravers and fuk heads there for Tiesto? I wouldn't go to that shit if you paid me 100.00 to get into the club and bought my drinks and drugs all night.

Comment

• groffhibbitz
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

I paid 60 or so to see a marathon digweed set on NYE, but that was really pushing it.

Comment

• palmer
                Retired or Simply Important
                • Jun 2004

Where is the link to this?

Because that story reeks of "The Onion"
                todayistomorrow
                art direction | design | animation

Comment

• unkownartist
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

i,ve been reading this post and i,m so trying to behave!!!!

Comment

• DancingQueen
                    AVB FanClub | President
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by palmer
                    Where is the link to this?

Because that story reeks of "The Onion"
                    exactly...as I see it this story is a load of crap. I will go find the press release put out by Circa as to why the venue was changed. I don't believe this story for a second
                    sigpic
                    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BarneyIllfingas
                      Hey I rarely bash DJs. But admittingly, that's what I'm doing here.. I really shouldn't bother, but I needed some entertainment at my desk today. Sorry to offend.
                      man ur so harsh

Comment

• DancingQueen
                        AVB FanClub | President
                        • Oct 2005

found it!

sigpic
                        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• unkownartist
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2005

i this for the same thing dancingqueen ?

Comment

• speciale
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Bryanw24
                            I've been to Crobar for a Sasha and Digweed party and the crowd was fuking insane!! a bunch of rude SOB's. Can you imagine all the candy ravers and fuk heads there for Tiesto? I wouldn't go to that shit if you paid me 100.00 to get into the club and bought my drinks and drugs all night.
                            what if they gave you a free hooker too?

I mhear you on the crowds. I can't handle big crowds. Not much fun at all and even worse when it is a DJ you don't even like.
                            Originally posted by Miroslav
                            It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                            No Soup for You

Comment

• shosh
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2004

is toronto gay?

Comment

• jarble187
                                vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BarneyIllfingas
                                Tiesto?s Show Moved To The Docks Entertainment Complex

"In an eager attempt to irritate fans and make more money"

?we are able to cram thousands more people into the venue?

?In order to sell a bunch of tickets up front, we made it seem like Tiesto would appear in a smaller club downtown. Then we pulled the old switcheroo and moved everything to the Docks to sell even more. It?s just good business sense.?

"lowering the overall experience for fans that were loyal enough to buy the already overpriced tickets"

"Promoters were also clever enough to avoid offering refunds"

?If you are angry and you don?t want to come, just don?t show up. We?ll need the space anyway?

?And when they illegally download his music, it doesn?t affect our bottom line whatsoever. It?s another big win for us.?
                                I think those qoutes say enough and I think that if this is the true statement of Tiestos promoter, that we should be raising holy hell and bashing the living fuck out of Tiesto. And quite frankly Karen, im dissapointed that your always valid opinion in this matter is in support of Tiesto. I would not give this guy a fucking dime of money and besides, ticket prices like that are diminishing the overall quality of the EDM by removing any kind of set price standard that we feel we should be paying to see a quality DJ. Im extremely dissapointed by reading this, and I know that it may not be totally legit, but I see this trend in charging way too much for tickets happening more and more often as the Djs popularity grows. As I said before, Teisto, Oakenfold, and any other crap ass Dj for that matter who thinks he is god will not get one cent from me.
                                Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

Working...