• skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Re: Tiesto sticks it to Toronto

Originally posted by 3d_1200
    trance = prog

one and the same imo.
    +1
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• DJJEFFJONES
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by speciale
      east coast vs. west coast, yo yo yo biatch!!!!!

I don't like tiesto, but I wouldn't mind having his money
      Fuck the coasts it's all about the Midwest YO!
      Keepin it rural!!!

http://www.idgafclothing.com

Comment

• geoffgulley
        Platinum Poster
        • Apr 2005

^^ personally i'm a fan of the powertool drag races myself....
        "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• Troklo
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

This thread grew faster than a Digweed/Sasha thread!!!
          Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• fletcher
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2005

trance = prog = electro = techno = HOUSE
            http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Kinetic
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

I´m going against myself here, but still, I´d like to say it´s funny how Tiest/Trance threads here usually rack up 4, 5 or 6 pages. Personally, if a thread is about something I dislike I ignore it.

I wonder if DQ was a guy if people would thread so lightly on her opiniaos.
              "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
              http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• geoffgulley
                Platinum Poster
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kinetic
                I wonder if DQ was a guy if people would thread so lightly on her opiniaos.
                The thing about Karen is she doesn't "bash" other dj's and genre's of music and also isn't coming here declaring trance and/or tiesto (or any other dj for that matter) to be the "greatest thing on earth", "end all be all" or "number one" etc. She's merely saying she enjoys the music (trance), some dj's who spin it as well as other types of electronica/dj's. So the simple answer is yes, i would go lightly on anyone else who was able to convey their thoughts on a particular subject in an articulate and intelligent manner as she is able to do. That, and I think it's utterly and completely ridiculous that anyone should have to defend something they like/enjoy.... music or otherwise.
                "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• Kinetic
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by geoffgulley
                  The thing about Karen is she doesn't "bash" other dj's and genre's of music and also isn't coming here declaring trance and/or tiesto (or any other dj for that matter) to be the "greatest thing on earth", "end all be all" or "number one" etc. She's merely saying she enjoys the music (trance), some dj's who spin it as well as other types of electronica/dj's. So the simple answer is yes, i would go lightly on anyone else who was able to convey their thoughts on a particular subject in an articulate and intelligent manner as she is able to do.
                  Fair enough. I actually agree with you, it?s just that I?ve seen some rather fierce bashing of music and DJ?s here, but when it?s her everyone seems apologetic. You probably got the right angle. Carry on...

Comment

• unkownartist
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

to be honest with you all i actually know alot of people who like this kind of trance and they are very good freinds and although personally i dont like it myself i think its important to respect the fealings of the people who actually do, over on another forum i goto we regularly take the piss out of tiesto and to be honest the guys there that like him ( also AVB ) dont take it to heart and they see it as a form of entertainment as i thought taking the piss out of tiesto on this board would, it sounds sad but sometimes it can be fun. As much as i like to do this i think its important to respect other peoples fealings MALE OR FEMALE, the thing about this was that someone got upset by it so we/i stopped it like i would if anyone else got upset again MALE OR FEMALE.

end of

Comment

• speciale
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Dec 2005

Karen is just a good person who doesn't talk shit about someone that is just making a living.

Can we close this thread now?
                      Originally posted by Miroslav
                      It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                      No Soup for You

Comment

• Kinetic
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

for pete´s sake I put the "shame" smilie up there...

See this is why these threads are stupid.

*in Homer simpson voice* Stupid internet...

Comment

• DancingQueen
                          AVB FanClub | President
                          • Oct 2005

I have one last thing to say in this thread, and then please, can a mod lock it so it will just go away.

People say that I am too emotional and to passionate about things I love, and who knows, maybe that is a fault with me as well. I am a person that will always give anything a chance, especially in music, and will never bash someone for creating a part of themselves to share with the world. Sure there will be music I will not like an sure there will be the odd track here and there I will say I hate, but I will never fault someone for that.

When a dj like Tiesto or Sasha puts on a show or releases a track they know they aren't going to please everyone...and they have to learn to accept it and move on as people in today's society are so quick to judge and criticize. People don't stop to think that these are people to...people who will make mistakes, who have feelings, who put hours of work into a song, who are performing a JOB, and who are no different then themselves. No one is perfect....everyone at one point or another in their lives will screw up, it is impossible not to. I could never be a DJ in a million years as I don't have the ear for music, the courage to perform in front of millions of people, or the strength to handle the ridicule they endure. I would love to see the people that bash the top 5 dj's in the world attempt to do what they do and never screw up....I can bet that would never happen.

I am not here to cause trouble or cause such a stink like this thread and a few other trance threads have caused. I know this is a primarily house forum, and I love house...that is why I joined here in the first place. I guess I just thought that overall it would be a forum where people could talk about all styles of electronic music and possibly learn like on several other forums I am part of, where people talk about all genres and rarely ever attack another dj/style.

Anyways, I have said my piece and I thank all of you that said kind words in this thread about me, they did not go unnoticed or appreciated.
                          sigpic
                          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Morgan
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

You have the right to listen to any DJ or music you like, and the right to hold or express any opinion no matter how misguided or plain wrong.

I will support your right of opinion and expression, but i reserve the right to point, laugh and ridicule anyone for their opinions. After all this is a democracy that some of us live in.
                            Karen, don't take any of the trance bashing to heart, people attack the things that scare them and things they don't understand, for me Tiesto ticks these boxes.

I know it';s not big or clever but i reserve the right to point and laugh at you for liking Tiesto and his sort of music.
                            "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• speciale
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Dec 2005

key Karen, you do have a lot of passion for stickin to your guns and thats a good thing. Its a great trait to have imo.
                              Originally posted by Miroslav
                              It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                              No Soup for You

Comment

• unkownartist
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2005

honestly if i had any idea that my carry on was going to upset anyone then i wouldnt of done it...i like the fact that most people on the forum get on and i dont want to be guilty of putting an end to that as i,m kind of new to this part of the forum

Comment

Working...