Strange double bill: Digweed & Felix Da Housecat?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CND
    Addiction started
    • Jan 2006

Strange double bill: Digweed & Felix Da Housecat?

Here in San Diego June 10th @ 4th & B. Tickets are $35.

Odd pairing hu? Wonder who is opening for who?
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Strange double bill: Digweed & Felix Da Housecat?

felix da housecats recently been playing some darkish electro house

Comment

• unkownartist
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

http://www.360.oble.net/360/ a mix by him here

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by CND
        Here in San Diego June 10th @ 4th & B. Tickets are $35.

Odd pairing hu? Wonder who is opening for who?
        I thought pairing Tiesto and Bob Sinclar for the opening event of Space Mountain, Mission II in Disney Resort Paris was even more weird. If Diggers and Felix put in a little effort, they wont that far apart as far as sound is concerned. But combining trance with groove/house?

My guess is that Digweed will open for Felix. You have to admit that more people know FTH than JD. Apart from that, FTH can spank the decks much harder than Digweed ever would. Pretty obvious to keep the high BPM's 'till last, no?

Damn, $35 for a ticket? Hmmmm, that's just on the borderline between expensive and "Fuck them thieves, let's fix the gues list."

Are ya going?

Comment

• CND
          Addiction started
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by KinKyJ
          I thought pairing Tiesto and Bob Sinclar for the opening event of Space Mountain, Mission II in Disney Resort Paris was even more weird. If Diggers and Felix put in a little effort, they wont that far apart as far as sound is concerned. But combining trance with groove/house?

My guess is that Digweed will open for Felix. You have to admit that more people know FTH than JD. Apart from that, FTH can spank the decks much harder than Digweed ever would. Pretty obvious to keep the high BPM's 'till last, no?

Damn, $35 for a ticket? Hmmmm, that's just on the borderline between expensive and "Fuck them thieves, let's fix the gues list."

Are ya going?
          Probably am. Would love to see Digweed and the venue is five minutes from my house.

I'll save money by getting liquored up at the house first.

Actually I always say that and still spend way to much at the bar.

Comment

• Kinetic
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Here´s what I had to say about Felix Da Housecat when I saw him last year, in a review I posted right here :

The line-up consisted of Jiggy (a very good local DJ), Felix da Housecat, DJ Vibe, and closing it all up was Sasha.

So I got there around 3:45, on puprpose, so I could skip Felix´s set and catch Vibe from the beginning. Unfortunately, I ended up having to endure around 45 minutes of Felix, since he started late. As soon as I enter the warehouse, my ears are blasted by a remix of Blur´s "Song2", and I braced myself for what was to come : don´t get me wrong there were some good moments to Felix´s set, but it generally consisted of something I would call "scream´n noise-electro-tech-house". Really man, I like tech-house, I even like some electro, but Felix´s set was filled with nothing but distorted screams, slowed-down gabba beats, noisecore-like synths, but no music whatsoever. If at least there had been some good mixing...instead, Felix decided to follow the industrial nature of the music and mixed the records like if he was using a jackhammer to move the faders...all over the place, Trainwreck Central Station-style.

Fortunately, at 4:30 he fucks off back to the scrapyard from where he surely came from, and gives his place to what turned out to be what this audienece was waiting for all along : DJ Vibe!
            I remember 2 good tracks from what I saw his set : his own "Tweak" and Alter Ego´s "Rocker"
            "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
            http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• DJJEFFJONES
              Platinum Poster
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by red1

made it thru the 1st track then about had a grand mal seizures... luckily my head was able to hit the key board enough to turn it off!

Not to my liking but he must be doing something right.
              http://www.idgafclothing.com

Comment

Working...