• Show
Clear All
  • innocentbystander
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2004

Re: has anyone road tested these ?

Originally posted by remoh
    they are ugly..they look like the earpieces worn on an aircraft carrier
    You either "get it" or you "don't get it." Think about how some people on this board wouldn't think twice about dropping one G on an Allen & Heath if they could afford it. Some people would say "That's just a metal box with some switches on it!" If you're buying a pair of RS-1s, you're not buying it because you think your friends will think it's cool looking, or some chick on the street thinks their hot. You buy them because you're an audiophile - cause you give a damn about crazy shit like this. Again, you either get it or you don't.

Red - the great thing about an amp like the ppx3 is that it can competently drive BOTH high and low impedance headphones. That's specifically why I chose it - I already owned the 600s and I was already on the market for a pair of RS-1s. But many people do say the RA-1 is the best amp for Grados. I have never heard the RA-1 myself, so I can't say.

If you're looking to make a good headphone investment, the RS-1 is the way to go. You'll enjoy them forever, and if the day ever came that you had to sell them, they do retain their value on the secondary market and you won't have any problem finding another good home for them. I do recommend that you get ahold of both the bowl and flat earpads. Try them both, to me there is definitely a noticable difference between the two - and if you like one, you're probably going to hate the other.

Comment

Working...