• Show
Clear All
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

Driver has 18 times legal alcohol limit

Holy DUI, Batman...

By Liudas Dapkus, Associated Press Writer

VILNIUS, Lithuania --Lithuanian police were so astonished by a breath test that registered 18 times the legal alcohol limit, they thought their device must be broken. It wasn't.
    Police said Tuesday 41-year-old Vidmantas Sungaila registered 7.27 grams per liter of alcohol in his blood repeatedly on different devices after he was pulled over Saturday for driving his truck down the center of a two-lane highway 60 miles from the capital, Vilnius.

Lithuania's legal limit is 0.4 grams per liter.
    "This guy should have been lying dead, but he was still driving. It must be an unofficial national record," Saulius Skvernelis, director of the national police traffic control service, told the AP. "He was of high spirits and grinning the whole time he was questioned."
    Medical experts say anything above 3.5 grams per liter of alcohol in the blood is lethal for most people.
    "A person this intoxicated should be in an intensive care unit, not behind the wheel," said Tautvydas Zikaras, head of the dependence illness center in the country's second-largest city, Kaunas. Zikaras said he had never heard or read of someone being so drunk.
    Sungaila, who was slapped with a $1,110 fine and the loss of his license for up to three years, told police he had been drinking the night before and tried to freshen up by downing a pint of beer for breakfast.
    Lithuania has one of the worst road safety records in the European Union. Last year, 760 people died in traffic accidents in this country of 3.5 million residents. Most were alcohol-related.
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Driver has 18 times legal alcohol limit

Comment

• maddlingo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

That is amazing how that guy didn't fall over and die after drinking that much.
      "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• fumanchu182
        Angantyr The Ruthless
        • Jun 2004

He can probably drink a whole bottle of Everclear and wake up the next day.
        The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• CND
          Addiction started
          • Jan 2006

I thought I was bad.

Comment

• Kinetic
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

pff, big deal, this happens frequently here, just last week a guy was caught with a similar ammount of alcohol in his blood.

The jackass entered a highway in the wrong direction and caused a couple of accidents.
            "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
            http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• remoh
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

wow.. my hero..nowadays i have a couple of shots and im wasted and i get hungover like a mofo...cant hang anymore
              [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
              |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Originally posted by FM
                  Holy DUI, Batman...

By Liudas Dapkus, Associated Press Writer

VILNIUS, Lithuania --Lithuanian police were so astonished by a breath test that registered 18 times the legal alcohol limit, they thought their device must be broken. It wasn't.
                  Police said Tuesday 41-year-old Vidmantas Sungaila registered 7.27 grams per liter of alcohol in his blood repeatedly on different devices after he was pulled over Saturday for driving his truck down the center of a two-lane highway 60 miles from the capital, Vilnius.

Lithuania's legal limit is 0.4 grams per liter.
                  "This guy should have been lying dead, but he was still driving. It must be an unofficial national record," Saulius Skvernelis, director of the national police traffic control service, told the AP. "He was of high spirits and grinning the whole time he was questioned."
                  Medical experts say anything above 3.5 grams per liter of alcohol in the blood is lethal for most people.
                  "A person this intoxicated should be in an intensive care unit, not behind the wheel," said Tautvydas Zikaras, head of the dependence illness center in the country's second-largest city, Kaunas. Zikaras said he had never heard or read of someone being so drunk.
                  Sungaila, who was slapped with a $1,110 fine and the loss of his license for up to three years, told police he had been drinking the night before and tried to freshen up by downing a pint of beer for breakfast.
                  Lithuania has one of the worst road safety records in the European Union. Last year, 760 people died in traffic accidents in this country of 3.5 million residents. Most were alcohol-related.

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  Originally posted by ace_dl
                  Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• AntonyM
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dhar_2

YES!
                    Now that more like it

Originally posted by Shpira
                    So came back last night...
                    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                    Originally posted by Illuminate
                    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• rewing3
                      I really don't care
                      • Jun 2004

Wow, that is crazy. That guy should be dead.
                      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• hulkhuss
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

and he was driving to buy more liquor!!!!!
                        http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• geoffgulley
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Apr 2005

And I thought I was a professional.....
                          "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• runningman
                            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                            • Jun 2004

I wwas dying when I read that he had the line in the middle of his car (driving down the middle).. you know your fucked up when your just happy to be on the road..

Comment

Working...