• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Government Waste Highlighted

From yesterday's news:

On June 5, the Missouri and Illinois departments of transportation will close the far right lane in each direction on the {Interstates 55/64/70] bridge [over the Mississippi River] so crews can remove the road surface, clean the bridge deck and then pour a fresh layer of asphalt. Once the right lanes are resurfaced, crews will close the next lane over and repeat the process until all four lanes in each direction have fresh surfaces.

The last time the bridge was resurfaced was 1996, Miller said. In coming weeks, Missouri crews will be closing and resurfacing ramps on the eastbound side of the bridge. Once those are complete, Illinois crews will do the same for the westbound side. The project will cost the departments $12 million and $4 million respectively, according to both transportation departments.

Speaking as a guy that lives here and is familiar with this bridge, I am at a loss to explain how it is that it will cost Missouri 3 times what it is costing Illinois to resurface opposite sides of the same bridge.
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Government Waste Highlighted

union labor. you know it, i know it. what a private firm can do in 15 days for 5 million, a union will do in 30 days for 15 million. lazy, spoiled workers who dont give a fuck and know they cant be fired without a long, drawn out process.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

Ya that's bullshit.

Comment

• FM
        Wooooooo!
        • Jun 2004

no. that's unions
        FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
        "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
        Facebook!
        A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

Working...