X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

negative ads work.

dumb ass americans don't have to think logically about anything, just listen to negative ads, and let that make their decision.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

F9/11 was nothing but a long negative ad. That movie alone has swung more people that I know then anything else..
      "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
      "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
      - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

I saw it a few days ago, but I'm highly sceptic about the man. It all sounds pretty logical and stuff, but he's actually just making it sound logically. I think Moore is an artist in turning facts into a story which actually represents his opinion and could easily convince anyone that is not critical enough.
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• neur0t0xin64
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Yao I agree with you 100%, and Civic Zen you too, 9/11 is just a raw dose of rank propaganda. Anyone who believes anything Michael Moore says is naive and really in need of a mentor. He is the master of copy and paste propaganda, and never tells the whole story. Lets not confuse a man eager to sell movies with legitimate political motives. Did you see him with Bill O'Reilly, he embarrassed himself, it was pitiful. This is the reason why most liberals(or anti-administration as I like to put it because they never really know why they are liberal) say the things they say. Its wreckless. People like Moore over run the public with doctrine and propaganda, it undermines a real agenda.
          "In case of doubt, attack." --- Gen. George Patton

Comment

• Yao
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Nicely put Neuro...I especially like the "copy and paste propaganda" phrase, I'm gonna keep that one alive actually.
            Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• asdf_admin
              i use to be important
              • Jun 2004

what ... i thought i was king.
              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• delirious
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Re: Backfire

Originally posted by Civic_Zen
                Except I know that there were WMD in Iraq, and that they aren't there now. They still exist, and someone still has them somewhere. This is pretty much obvious to me.
                Hmmm... sometimes I wish I'd found this board before the war started. I would've been able to show how EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Bush WMD claims were completely discredited before the war had even started. Maybe that's why the US couldn't get UN approval for the invasion. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose...

?We do not have any direct evidence that Iraq has used the period since (Operation) Desert Fox to reconstitute its WMD programs, although given its past behavior, this type of activity must be regarded as likely,?
                CIA director Tenet, Congress, 7 Feb, 2001

He has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors.
                Colin Powell, 24 February 2001

But in terms of Saddam Hussein being there, let's remember that his country is divided, in effect. He does not control the northern part of his country. We are able to keep arms from him. His military forces have not been rebuilt.
                Condoleezza Rice, 29 July 2001

Strange how you're more confident Iraq had WMDs than even they were!!!

Comment

Working...