X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Interview with Eddie Halliwell

On Saturday I had the pleasure of going to see Eddie Halliwell at the Guv here in Toronto. Before his show, my BF and I had the opportunity to sit down and interview him. He talks about the different genre's and equipment he uses and the internet.

Here is the interview and pictures from the night if anyone is interested.

I had the opportunity last night to interview one of, if not the greatest technical DJ around right now and arguably the best party DJ: Eddie Halliwell. He played an extremely energetic set at The Guvernment in Toronto to a very supportive and equally energetic crowd. Below is the download link (in mp3 format) for the interview we did before the show and a transcript follows:

Listen: Chris Allen and Eddie Halliwell (right-click, save target as)
    View: Photo Gallery from Eddie at The Guvernment, Toronto, Canada

Chris Allen: So we?re here in the hotel with Eddie Halliwell from the U.K. ready to come on for your show here in Toronto, it?s good to have you back.

Eddie Halliwell: It?s good to be here.

Chris: So you were in Minneapolis last night. How was that show, how was the vibe?

Eddie: Yeah it was wicked! It was my second time to Minneapolis. It was a really good, good atmosphere and everyone was well up for it. I?m a bit tired now though. I haven?t had a great deal of sleep and since I?ve been here I?ve been working on stuff all day in my room so, not really slept. I?m going to have to get fired up in a bit! (laughs)

View: Full Interview
    View: Eddie Halliwell Homepage
    View: Eddie Halliwell MySpace
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Interview with Eddie Halliwell

thanks for the read

Comment

• DancingQueen
      AVB FanClub | President
      • Oct 2005

Why didn't you listen to the audio file silly?
      sigpic
      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Comment

• unkownartist
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

this is a dj i,ve never heard for some strange reason

Comment

• DancingQueen
          AVB FanClub | President
          • Oct 2005

he is the only DJ to be so high in demand without ever producing a track. He used to be a hip=hop DJ and switched to Techno and Trance and took his scratching and looping skills and applied them...he is unbelievable to watch.

Watch the first video on his myspace of him to see what I mean

Eddie Halliwell (OFFICIAL)'s profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
          sigpic

Comment

• Kinetic
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

I?ve honestly never heard of him and I doubt I?d like his style (scratching in a techno/trance set? Even when Zabiela does it it?s irritating).

But I must say I really enjoyed that interview, it?s the type of intervew which is great for geeks like me who like to read about what equipment people use and all the technical side of DJ?ing. So congrats to your boyfriend on that!
            "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
            http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              Anyone have Styx livesets?
              • Jun 2004

this is a great clubbing photo (even if you dont like the DJ/music)

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                • Jun 2004

u on here DQ??

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• DancingQueen
                  AVB FanClub | President
                  • Oct 2005

That is my fave pic of the night too

I was in the booth to the left of Eddie when it shows up there so I don't think you see me...I was actually standing beside Shaya (guy who took the video).
                  sigpic

Comment

• unkownartist
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by DancingQueen
                    he is the only DJ to be so high in demand without ever producing a track. He used to be a hip=hop DJ and switched to Techno and Trance and took his scratching and looping skills and applied them...he is unbelievable to watch.

Watch the first video on his myspace of him to see what I mean

http://www.myspace.com/eddiehalliwell
                    he has the same back ground as dave clarke then as he also used to be a hip hop dj and he also brought his knoledge of cutting and scratching into the techno scene, i saw a video clip of halliwell last night which i'd saw before and forgot all about actually and he was scratchin a scratch loop on a cd deck, hmm he isnt actually making the scratch himself which didnt impress me if i,m honest but i will have a search for a couple of his sets on the forum below before i make my final opinion on him, seing that all his sets are in trance i should keep it to myself as i dont want to upset you again who knows, i might even like it lol

Comment

• Lrn
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jan 2005

he played for free in sf on sunday, i didnt feel like going though

Comment

• DancingQueen
                        AVB FanClub | President
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by red1
                        he has the same back ground as dave clarke then as he also used to be a hip hop dj and he also brought his knoledge of cutting and scratching into the techno scene, i saw a video clip of halliwell last night which i'd saw before and forgot all about actually and he was scratchin a scratch loop on a cd deck, hmm he isnt actually making the scratch himself which didnt impress me if i,m honest but i will have a search for a couple of his sets on the forum below before i make my final opinion on him, seing that all his sets are in trance i should keep it to myself as i dont want to upset you again who knows, i might even like it lol
                        lol you didn't upset me...don't worry...your comments were not the ones that got to me.....ANYWAYS...

When he was playing at the Guv he was scratching live...no loops for that part. And he isn't trance, he is tech and trance so tech-trance I guess you could say. I think he is worth at least checking out, but that is me
                        sigpic

Comment

• thesightless
                          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                          • Jun 2004

your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                            AVB FanClub | President
                            • Oct 2005

lol ooo I have been told now
                            sigpic

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                              • Jun 2004

surely hes a hard house DJ? he didnt call his mixmags cd's BOSH! for nothing!

eddie,eddie,eddie

Comment

Working...