X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drthundr
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Outlook 2000/2003 question...

Apologies if this isn't related to music, but I've been searching for an answer to this and so far I've been relatively unsuccessful. Here's my dilemma:

We have a group mailbox called, for example: Companyname_Webstaff, which only a few of us in the department can access. This mailbox has an email address assigned to it: companyname_webstaff@blahblahblah.com
    Every time I respond (reply) to a message in this mailbox, I have to manually type in companyname_webstaff@blahblahblah.com (or use the Ctrl-K function) in the From Field, so it comes from the group mailbox and not my own email address (since I'm logged into Outlook as myself). I'm wondering if there's a way to set up Outlook so it automatically fills in the From Field with the group mailboxes' email address so I don't have to type it in every time. Seems very logical to me, since many users in the company have 2 or 3 mailboxes and they send on behalf of the mailbox. It will work if I use Webmail by simply logging on with the mailbox name and my username/password, but I'd rather use Outlook. Maybe there's a rule I can create or something like that? Hope I'm being clear. Thanks for any suggestions you have. Later.
    D
  • asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

Out of respect to you ... stay away from Outlook. If you have power to download and install software on your computer try Mozilla Thunderbird. It's exactly like Outlook, but it works. There are so many hacks for Outlook it's like rolling around with a used ...

The issue you described is normal for any Microsoft product. Usually some one has a work around, mine is always to delete the program.

(anti-soft)
    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Neo
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Yeah I've been playing around a little with Thunderbird it's nice and the ability to install just certain features you need with plugins is grrrrrrrreeaaatttttttt. I'm loving all Mozilla progs.

Comment

• drthundr
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Re:: Outlook 2000/2003 question...

Corporate policy...I can't load those other progs. I did find this http://www.ivasoft.biz/rightfrom.shtml but it's demo. This does exactly what I need. If anyone knows of any free add-in like this, that would be fantastic. Thanks. D

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

You say it's a 2000/2003 question, but the two versions are very different. 2003 will automatically fill in the from name with the mailbox that the message was sent to... in 2000, you have to change it. I suggest upgrading to 2003. I just tested this on my computer and Outlook 2003 filled it in fine.

Comment

Working...