X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Chicago - Discuss

Ok, I know that we're also planning a trip to Montreal for which I received some great suggestions on things to do, but I just booked 2 nights in Chicago for the 5th and 6th of July. What are the essential things to do while in the city? We're staying right on Michigan Ave so we're in the heart of everything.

Suggestions?

And FTR I don't give a shit about the Cubs or White Sox so that's out of the question.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
  • asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

Re: Chicago - Discuss

steak & jazz.
    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• beanzncheez
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

The last time I was in Chicago was because I had an appointment at Northwestern Memorial so I just walked around the city, ate at some good places and just enjoyed the atmosphere. It was 42 degrees out, raining and everyone was in lots of clothing and umbrellas while I just cruised around in my shorts and flip flops.
      I would suggest checking out the museums, the pier, all of the ball parks, Rush & Division, Bamboo Bernie's, the countless amount of bars and clubs by Wrigley, Pink's, drive on over to Indiana and point and laugh. Oh... and laugh at all of the ugly women too. Talk about nothing but beasts there. Surprisingly, I saw more attractive women in Atlanta.

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

i've heard the irish bars in chicago are a hoot. never been though.

Comment

• supaz
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Joe, I will be your tour guide.

Hey, where did you book your room? if possible, try to book it at the Tremont. It's the best value out there and it's in the heart of downtown. $75 bucks a night and it's pretty nice. I've stayed there before.

I spoke with my roommate (he works at the Sears Tower - bartender). He has a hook up for the observation deck...

Comment

• skahound
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jun 2004

We're at the Westin. I tried calling you but no answer, left you a VM though. Wanted to go ahead and book so that's why I went with the Westin. We stayed at the Tremont in Boston which was decent but nothing beats a Sheraton, y'know? Anyway, figured you'd be back in town by then but wasn't sure if you'd be back at work or not when we're bumming around during the day.
            A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• beanzncheez
              Banned
              • Jun 2004

Just remember, don't laugh at the accents and you'll do quite fine.

Comment

• supaz
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
                We're at the Westin. I tried calling you but no answer, left you a VM though. Wanted to go ahead and book so that's why I went with the Westin. We stayed at the Tremont in Boston which was decent but nothing beats a Sheraton, y'know? Anyway, figured you'd be back in town by then but wasn't sure if you'd be back at work or not when we're bumming around during the day.
                Hey, I just tried calling you. I'll be in Fla from the 1st - 4th. So I'll be around. I'm either going to take the 5th or 6th (maybe both) off to hang with you and Kim. Check out our patio deck...it's bad ass at night. We're going to have some good times my friend

Comment

• supaz
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by beanzncheez
                  Oh... and laugh at all of the ugly women too. Talk about nothing but beasts there. Surprisingly, I saw more attractive women in Atlanta.
                  Are you kidding me?? there's tons of babes in the Loop. The only other place that I've seen so many hot women was in South Beach.

Comment

• beanzncheez
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2004

The two times I was in Chicago, I didn't see ONE attractive skank. They all looked like their fathers.

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

Rather bland US rock band - didn't they sing "We built this city on rock and roll" ?
                      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                        Anyone have Styx livesets?
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                        Rather bland US rock band - didn't they sing "We built this city on rock and roll" ?
                        That was Starship, as in Jefferson Starship, as in Jefferson Aeroplane.

Chicago did 'If you leave me now'
                        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• mmglobal
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Sep 2004

check out purefuture.com to see who's playing at Vision those nights..you can stumble back to your hotel for afterhours...or cracked out beach time

God I miss Chicago...thanks for reminding me. You'll have a blast, great people, great city!
                          Peace.

Comment

• darktribal
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

Chicago fucking rocks! Hopefully you'll have good weather because then you'll prob. have fun just bumming around the city. I would def. hit up the lakefront and a good pizza place (too many to count). Purefuture.com has a thread with tons of shows going on this summer so check that out if you're looking to party.
                            For if you do it right you'll find the moment never ends. -phish

Comment

• supaz
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Digweed @ Crobar on the 16th this month yo

Comment

Working...