X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

FAO Canadians

Serious question here. I'm curious what your thoughts are on this recent terrorist plot that was thankfully uncovered before something awful happened. Specifically, I'm wondering if you folks were surprised to find yourselves the target of that sort of a plot. Frankly, I was, but I'm not Canadian and obviously can't really speak intelligently on that.

I had heard reports of terrorists coming through Canada before, but this was the first time I'd heard of Canada being a target.

Just curious.
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: FAO Canadians

my only question,

""how in the world did they plan to behead the PM?? does canada not have security around him?"""

dumb kids. yes religion played a factor, and yes i beleive they are guilty. what were a group of youths plannign on doing with the wiring, fertilizer and materials found? and frankly, someone needs to put a wire in that mosque because ppl say the imam there is quite ""Rhetoric"" driven.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Platinum
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

I think it was inevitable that we would be a target. Being the US neighbour to the north has both its pros and cons.
      I think it was shocking to some, but really to me it wasnt that shocking at all. I dont see ourselves as any different from the US in terms of beign a threat. We are pretty much a part of the US and have grown through the US...
      Im glad our security here did something about it before it was too late and Im sure this will not be the last time something like this happens.
      I will never understand the thought process behind any of the threats / terrorism but people have been crazy for a long time doing stupid stuff like this. You'd be naive to not think that it could happen to you or in your backyard.
      What really makes Canada safer than anywhere else in the world?
      I say we are just as sesceptible to these acts just like any other coutry.
      We have been fortunate and lucky that it has not happened within our borders. A lot of that has to do with how we have proven ourselves to be in terms of fair stances on World issues...
      Cheers
      Enjoy

Comment

• jaam
        Fresh Peossy
        • May 2006

Personally it was a total shock. I think to a certain extent in Canada we all thought that we’re just so god danm nice that it could never happen to us. After the fact you step back and realize just how naive that thought is. I can say I’ve been extremely impressed with the response from our Muslim communities here in Canada. I think that this may have been just as much of an eye opener for them as it was for us. We have some proud Canadian Muslims who love being in this country just as much as everybody else. There will always be a few wackos’ out there, (i.e. Michael Jackson, Osama Bin Laden), that to me is what’s so great about dance music. It can be a total escape, even just for a few hours, from all the craziness in the world

Peace
        jay

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
          Serious question here. I'm curious what your thoughts are on this recent terrorist plot that was thankfully uncovered before something awful happened. Specifically, I'm wondering if you folks were surprised to find yourselves the target of that sort of a plot. Frankly, I was, but I'm not Canadian and obviously can't really speak intelligently on that.

I had heard reports of terrorists coming through Canada before, but this was the first time I'd heard of Canada being a target.

Just curious.
          Anybody have a news link about that? Didn't make the European headlines

Comment

• thesightless
            • Jun 2004

BBC. check out the headlines aobut behaeding parliament.

Comment

• KinKyJ
              Platinum Poser
              • Jun 2004

hokey, but first Imma gonna have a wank

Comment

• dig72
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2004

Here's an interesting view.

Daily Times is an English-language Pakistani newspaper. Daily Times, is simultaneously published from Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi.

Similar thing happened in Australia amost a year ago. Apparently the coppers had stopped an "imminent" attack on something, somewhere or someone, not really sure who or what the target was. These arrests happened at the same time as the government was introducing new anti terror laws.

The usual suspects were rounded up, had all their personal details splashed all over the media and yet not one of those persons arrested have been charged with anything. Reports suggest that chemicals were found ( petrol?) and that some were giving/raising money for groups that our Government consider terrorists, which is quite laughable considering that Ozzy troops are in Iraq forming part of the Coalition of The Killing.

The suspects have yet to be charged or even have a date set for them to appear in court. What are the prosecuters waiting for?

Since those dramatic arrests we've heard nothing, absolutely nothing at all.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven imo.

Do I trust my own government?

Absolutely not.
                “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
                Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• Global Eyes
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

Earlier yesterday i was watching a news brief from a USA broadcasted station, stating that there was a plot to kill the Canadian PM. On a split screen they showed the supposed attacker, and a picture of Jean Chretien. 2 funny

Comment

• Localizer
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                    my only question,

""how in the world did they plan to behead the PM?? does canada not have security around him?"""

dumb kids. yes religion played a factor, and yes i beleive they are guilty. what were a group of youths plannign on doing with the wiring, fertilizer and materials found? and frankly, someone needs to put a wire in that mosque because ppl say the imam there is quite ""Rhetoric"" driven.
                    didn't you know? the guards are around the corner smoking and a j and talking about how much America sucks.
                    Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                    -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• runningman
                      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                      • Jun 2004

I hear they are getting tortured in jail.. Radicals Crazy Bastards.

Comment

• day_for_night
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

no I wasn't all that suprised. terrorist groups have said for years that anyone associated with the United States is a taget. since we're your largest trading partner, i'm fairly sure we qualify. we are the single largest supplier of oil, natural gas, and electricity to the US; not to mention we have troops fighting side by side with your troops in afghanistan.

toronto is also the most culturally diverse city in the world (no that's not an exaggeration). that this school of thought has occured there is saddening to be sure, but its not a stretch of the imagination to understand how it has happened.

i think anytime you let a group of people wall themselves off from society, its a bad thing. i'm all for introducing much more stringent laws to combat this. first thing i think they should do is ban burkas...maybe get them to treat their women like human beings.

Comment

• beanzncheez
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2004

Mmmm women.

Amen.

Comment

• thesightless
                            • Jun 2004

dig is missing something......

the number of iraqi civilians killed by coalition, alloting for a disputed number of bodies at haditha, is currently floating between 48 and 60. the other 3000+ civilians have been killed by insurgents, roadside bombs, kidnapping and driveby's...... reuters is the source on that one. we arent killing innocent people, we are killing people who are trying to reinstall sharia...

Comment

• BarneyIllfingas
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

i pesonally wasn't surprised that something like this was uncovered. especially with our newly elected prime minister harper to bush on a regular basis. as a regular ttc passenger, knock on wood, i'm concerned.
                              WHAT'S GOING DOWN
                              IN OUR UNDERGROUND
                              bringthebeats

Comment

Working...