X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davetlv
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

The Death of Al-Zarqawi

This from the BEEB (note the word militant and not murdering basterd, terrorist or scum bag)

Zarqawi killed in Iraq air raid

Militant leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has been killed, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has announced.

"We have eliminated Zarqawi," Mr Maliki said at a news conference, sparking sustained applause. The US said he was killed in an air raid near Baquba.

The Jordanian-born leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq was considered the figurehead of the Sunni insurgency.

Al-Qaeda in Iraq has been blamed for hundreds of bombings that have killed thousands of Shias and US forces.

Continue here

• KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Re: The Death of Al-Zarqawi

I hope the bastard has suffered to the max

Now for the rest of Al Quaida!

Send in the Stewie: http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/15805023098.wmv

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Great news. I'll also pass out some rare kudos to Bush and Rumsfeld for not sucking each others dicks in glee as they have in the past and treating this news in guarded and appropriate fashion. In other words, they appropriately realize that it is not as if the insurgency will stop fighting with Zarqawi dead, and that some other madman will in all likelihood step up to take his place. Guess they learned from that whole "Mission Accomplished" debacle.

With that said, though, this is obviously a huge step in the right direction, best news we've had in Iraq in quite some time.

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

more good news...

go check out todays oil market... down round 65 bucks and falling. imagine if iran's president and ayatollah were offed by someone other than the coalition troops.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          Anyone have Styx livesets?
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
          more good news...

go check out todays oil market... down round 65 bucks and falling. imagine if iran's president and ayatollah were offed by someone other than the coalition troops.
          like Isaraeli troops???
          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• thesightless
            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
            • Jun 2004

no no no. im done with governments interfereing. let it be a rogue group trying to get more progressive leadership in. that way we cant be blamed.
            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• KinKyJ
              Platinum Poser
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
              no no no. im done with governments interfereing. let it be a rogue group trying to get more progressive leadership in. that way we cant be blamed.
              Dunno if I should high five you or take your temperature, but either way, I'll play nice

It's more effective, I agree with ya on that. But ONLY when yhey're not US stringpuppets. Remember Panama 'n' all...

Comment

• davetlv
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                like Isaraeli troops???
                Yawn. . . . what is this conspiracy theory 101?

But seriously. . . .Israeli toops would never be used for such an operation, because we would no do such an operation.

However, ensure that Iran has NO nuclear capabilities is another matter entirely.

Comment

• superdave
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Best news I've heard from Iraq that I can remember. It feels a little odd being excited about the death of someone though. It will be interesting to see how the insurgency reacts to this news. Hopefully, we'll see the insurgency splinter apart since their leader in Iraq has died. It can be difficult or impossible to replace a leader like Zarqawi.

What interests me is how the military got the information from an insider. Could there be something to the new Iraqi Prime Minister letting so many prisoners go this week be conincidental? Possibly it was a trade to let prisoners go in exchange for giving up Zarqawi who to my understanding had many Iraqis upset with him because of the terrorism in their country.
                  Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by superdave
                    What interests me is how the military got the information from an insider. Could there be something to the new Iraqi Prime Minister letting so many prisoners go this week be conincidental? Possibly it was a trade to let prisoners go in exchange for giving up Zarqawi who to my understanding had many Iraqis upset with him because of the terrorism in their country.
                    That's a really interesting point. One thing I find really interesting is that the guy who turned him in wasn't just an Iraqi, he was a Sunni. If there wasn't some sort of deal cut, it suggests that Iraqis are starting to show allegiance to their country over their religious affiliation, which would be a significant shift from the stark Shiite/Sunni/Kurd split that has existed. That's a great thing, if so...

Comment

• KinKyJ
                      Platinum Poser
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
                      That's a really interesting point. One thing I find really interesting is that the guy who turned him in wasn't just an Iraqi, he was a Sunni. If there wasn't some sort of deal cut, it suggests that Iraqis are starting to show allegiance to their country over their religious affiliation, which would be a significant shift from the stark Shiite/Sunni/Kurd split that has existed. That's a great thing, if so...
                      The Jordan secret service was involved too (or so the rumour goes). I think... no, I actually hope that you're right toasty. When the Iraqi Prime Minister announced the news, all the Iraqi journalists applauded. That's a sign too that the Iraqi people is fed up with the violence and doesn't want the country to slide into a civil war.

Maybe just maybe Al Quaida has shot itself in the foot by calling for civil war. They had support when they only promoted coalition troops as target. But now with targeting Iraqis as well, it seems that their eyes were bigger than their stomach (Belgian saying).

Another thing: if the above turns about to be true, I hope the Bush administration will perceive this (internally) as a lucky break, which it is. It would be so lame if they would tune the propaganda machine into Radio WeWereRightAndWeToldYouSo FM. That would be a capital misjudgement...

I think it would be perfect timing if the US launched another attack right now... A charm attack that is! If Al Quaida loses its support among the population, they can all pack and get the fuck out of the country...

*crosses fingers*

Comment

• Localizer
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jul 2004

great, we downed zarqawi, what next? 5 years later and we get a psychological ego boost for 20 min. Nothing will change and the world will move on. Life is still the same with or without him. Everyday I wake up feeling more ashamed to be a representative of this country. But then my hypocritical fallback is my joy for doing what I please when I want and going as far as I'd please.
                        Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                        -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• evangelion
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

I hope he was sceaming "ALLAH AKBAR" as that 500 lbs. bomb was sliding it's way up his ass.

Awsome, awesome news. I actually sat up in bed and screamed "Yes!!!" when I saw it on TV.

Justice for Nick Berg.

Burn in Hell, dickhead. Where are your virgins now??

Comment

• shosh
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2004

fucker was alive when they found him haha

Comment

• evangelion
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

"Was" being the key word.