FREEDOM TO FASCISM: Republicans, Democrats, Banks, Lies, Scams.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m?ksha
    Fresh Peossy
    • Apr 2005

Re: FREEDOM TO FASCISM: Republicans, Democrats, Banks, Lies, Scams.

Originally posted by thesightless
    i dont think we should change the system. hey man, like it or not, money rules the world. and its better that way as it keeps educated ppl in control and not ppl like greenpeace, and other people with causes whom know nothing when it comes down to running a business / country.
    You sound a lot like the people you're accusing, though. None of the sources I cited suggest that we should get rid of money or anything of that sort. Their simple concern is the control of money by one single group of people. It doesn't take a genius to realize that such enormous power in the hands of a select few is bound to corrupt, and the videos show that it already has corrupted many.

The idea here is of reformation into a better functioning system. You're making very generalized assumptions about both parties by assuming that the people in control are educated and the people like greenpeace don't know anything about running a business.

I'm sure you can do better than simply writing off an entire web of complex problems by making generalized blanket statements. There's a great deal more at stake here, and it's the attitudes like "who cares?" or "let the smart people govern", or "the skeptics don't know shit", and other such blanket statements that've been one of the main reasons this has been going on for centuries.

I'm very open to hear facts and be educated. Otherwise, we're wasting each other's times playing word games with hollow assumptions, generalizations, sarcastic one-liners, and the usual message-board rhetoric.
    Eccentric Beats.

Comment

• m?ksha
      Fresh Peossy
      • Apr 2005

What's interesting here is that there hasn't been a single person yet who has posted some decent content that is directly related to the main topic of the thread - whether it be in-support-of or against what I've posted; not a single shred of factual information yet...
      Eccentric Beats.

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by m?ksha
        You sound a lot like the people you're accusing, though. None of the sources I cited suggest that we should get rid of money or anything of that sort. Their simple concern is the control of money by one single group of people. It doesn't take a genius to realize that such enormous power in the hands of a select few is bound to corrupt, and the videos show that it already has corrupted many.
        Power will always lead to corruption, that's just human and a fact of life. Whether it be you have the biggest gun or the largest bank account, there will always be a reason for someone or a limited group to have power. That's what Sean is trying to say: not that we should get rid of money, but just the fact that you can't do anything about it. The hand that rocks the wallet is the hand that rocks the world.

The idea here is of reformation into a better functioning system. You're making very generalized assumptions about both parties by assuming that the people in control are educated and the people like greenpeace don't know anything about running a business.
        And maybe you are only seeing one side of the story. I'd LOVE to see Greenpeace activists run Exxon Mobile for a week.

By the way, if you have a better idea for a system, just shoot. I know I don't and I know I'm not looking for it either. Why? Even though the system is not perfect and there is a lot of abuse, it still provides food on the table for thousands of families. You shouldn't forget about that either.

I'm sure you can do better than simply writing off an entire web of complex problems by making generalized blanket statements. There's a great deal more at stake here, and it's the attitudes like "who cares?" or "let the smart people govern", or "the skeptics don't know shit", and other such blanket statements that've been one of the main reasons this has been going on for centuries.
        I think the above is quite a blanket statement as well. What's the alternative? I'd like to hear that from you...

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

moksha, i am aware you dont know who i am, and my ""former"" rough self was more for my entertainment, but .... i own a few businesses in some manner via investments and through the accounting firm i am a partner in. i have a masters in federal taxation and degrees in effciency managment, and accounting/business management. in my somewhat limited experience (little over 7 years) in the feilds i have seen that running anything on a large scale that funds itself and not through outside means, requires the most hardline stances and accountability, especially after the late clinton-esque business scandals within the US, which lead the to the complete revamp of the accounting and finance industries. (sarbanes oxeley). and frankly, if we are looking into the ""system"" it has undergone a monster growth period in the last 20+ years with only minimal interruption. the current way of doing things """behind the scenes""" has exponetially helped us, even in a time where the vast majority of US citizens and international bodies arent too thrilled with our current admin. also, this is all occuring in an era where the labor enforcement laws and collective bargining rules have essentially driven out every large scale manufacturing industry, i.e. auto, airline, shipbuilding, steel, clothing, etc. all these industries have jumped ship to remain profitable in other regions, funnelling less money into the american economy, yet it continues to grow, and at a rate that is particularly surprising considering the unemployment rates have been great outside of the small recession at the end of bill clinton and beginning of GW;s first term.

also... if we force a ""spread the wealth"" within the US banking sytem, you will begin to see a rapid increase and widening of the wealth gap. already, the invention of the ""mortgage brokerage"" houses where 19 year old kids sell high point, high interest loans to disadvantaged people and immigrant minorities, driving the people who were possibly stepping up into the middle class tier or into the higher levels of the middle class, right back into debt. IMHO, they need to force a consolidation of the quote/unquote banking industry into a far more reputable and accountable means.

lastly, any major change comes with fear. fear of the unknown, fear of the bad guy, or the few that will find a way to expose and exploit the system. when you begin to diversify anything with a large scale, economically driven idea, you begin to lose what it was designed for and it becomes......well i hate to say it... the clusterfuck that the more left leaning governmental representatives create when every little interest group gets a peice of the pie. and when serving pie, its best to let the chef do the cutting of the slices and handing out, or you will have 10 kids reaching thier hands into the pie tin and making a mess. also, giving the people who arent really versed in a certain area of expertise isnt a good thing. it is like me walking into an ER and jumping into open heart surgery. no, it absolutely cannot be done like that. if you wanted me to run something, give me a company or a charity and with my education and experience, ill be fine.
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...