If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
there's a difference between. those that use these programs to accent their sets...Like JZ and those that have never spun off decks...using live and still calling themselves a dj.
I've unfortunately had to sell my DJM-600 to make some money for other things, but now have to do my cd sets with traktor...and doubt if i'll ever put out one of those cd's.
Groff, now that's one hell of a dj system. A&H 3D is one expensive controller.
I agree...maybe call them LJs (laptop jockeys). But in the end it´s just people playing other people´s music to entertain a crowd...I don´t think its that important how they´re called.
I have both Live and Traktor now, since I took advantage on NI´s aniversary offer, so I´m gonna try and learn Traktor now. My computer´s too old to do what I really wanna do with Live...it crashes when I drag too many loops on the fly...it just hangs...I´m pissed...
But in the end it?s just people playing other people?s music to entertain a crowd...
and that's what I'm trying to get out of. hopefully in the next few weeks i shall have my first productions ready to go. then not only will i be playing other people's music...but also my own.
and that's what I'm trying to get out of. hopefully in the next few weeks i shall have my first productions ready to go. then not only will i be playing other people's music...but also my own.
Good luck with that man!
Be sure to let us hear how it?s going
Btw, getting back on topic, I?ve quickly found out that Traktor has some major flaws for me, so I don?t think I?ll be dedicating too much time too it,at least for now, in version 3 :
- Beat marking is a tedious, overly-complicated and imprecise process,compared to Live, where I can Beat mark a track in 30 seconds. The lack of decent zoom means that even if you take your time doing it, you?re not guaranteed to have results as good as with Live. But at least you can get around that with pitch-bending...but what?s the point of using software then?
- MIDI mapping and assignment is primitive at best and makes doing assignments "on the fly" impossible, especially in a live situation.
- There?s no MIDI feed-back, which means that if, like me, you?re using a MIDI controller, you might see stuff like having a knob in your controller pointing to a certain value, while the same knob in the software might be pointing at a totally different value. Now imagine a live situation where you touch that knob on your MIDI controller and suddenly there?s, say, a huge jump in volume or something...
- The built-in effects suck ass. The filters and EQ?s are very good though, certainly better than the Live ones.
In short, I?m studying some workarounds for my PC?s limitations in using Live, and I think I?m on to something now.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment