Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2004

Re:: FAO computer people

you can order me up one too

Comment

• palmer
      Retired or Simply Important
      • Jun 2004

What you AMD guys don't understand is.......

All of discreets modeling/3d applications are optimized for hyperthreading. And mental ray (a renderer packaged with their 3d applications) is optimized for dual processors (two buckets instead of one = twice as fast) Not to mention the quadro drivers produced for max. That thing will run the shit out of viz and max.

It may not run Halflife 2 as sweet as your opterons and ati cards but it will fucking own in production.

Hos you are very lucky my friend. The second setup is pretty close to what I'm building right now. Except I'll, hopefully, be running duals and another gig of RAM.

todayistomorrow
      art direction | design | animation

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

nVidia

Originally posted by palmer
        It may not run Halflife 2 as sweet as your opterons and ati cards but it will fucking own in production.

-e-
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• TheOutsider
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

For a start DONT TOUCH anything from dell
          Cpu: Dual Xeons or P4's is a must for 3d production belive me makes life alot easier.
          Ram: 1gig is quite enough.. u could always get more (make sure they are dual matched pairs i.e. 2x512)
          Vid Card: Maxtor make a card just for 3d production etc.
          HDD: No need for a SCSI there over priced and overrated imo, Western Digital make a 10k rpm SATA hd 32gig and 74gig i belive.

Comment

• audiotherapy
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

you could build like a few computers for a renderfarm...

Comment

• Neo
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TheOutsider
              HDD: No need for a SCSI there over priced and overrated imo, Western Digital make a 10k rpm SATA hd 32gig and 74gig i belive.
              I believe it's the Raptor. Yeah if you really do the numbers price per gig per performance. I'd still go with SATA than SCSI.

Comment

Working...