X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryan0751
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2007

Re: Serato Scratch Live

Hmm, not sure. I would open the system profiler and click on the usb audio busses with the SL-1 connected. If it shows your SL-1 on the same usb bus as the keyboard/trackpad, switch to the other port.

Alternatively, you can install "sidetrack", a thirdparty trackpad driver that does all sorts of things. It apparently fixes the USB audio dropout issue. The only bad thing is it doesn't support the two-finger scroll feature, you have to assign one of the sides of the trackpad to scrolling.

Originally posted by Caley Martin
    okay I can see how that applies to MacBooks... but MacBook Pros only have 1 USB on either side...

Comment

• djsethnichols
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

it's cool, but it sounds like poo. boxy, tingy. Kinda like listening to your computer on big speakers, not so hot.
      https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• Ryan0751
        Fresh Peossy
        • Jun 2007

What does? SSL? It sounds quite great actually...

Here's a set I did on Wednesday night with it:

I don't hear any audio quality issues. I do have a very high end mixer though (Rane 2016a).

Originally posted by djsethnichols
        it's cool, but it sounds like poo. boxy, tingy. Kinda like listening to your computer on big speakers, not so hot.

Comment

• JK224
          Addiction started
          • Oct 2005

vinyl emulation thing is pretty cool methinks...
          Last edited by JK224; June 5, 2008, 12:48:20 PM.

Comment

• ciaran
            Addiction started
            • Jan 2005

im servicing me macbook and im putting ableton and serato back on it, i have 1gb ram and 100gb hd.

can anyone recommend a system to make it run more effeciently?

Currently I have two logins, one for djing, the other for everyday use.
            The only programs I have on my laptop are Microsoft office, communication programs such as AIM/msn/yahoo/Skype etc for work and college.

Added files for general use as named above is 875MB in total.
            My other added folder contains ableton and added files such as vintage warmer which comes to roughly 20gb
            My music comes to 20GB

I know its been asked a thousand times but can anyone give some advice on how to make it more smoother on running, the machines in perfect nick but out of 100gb i have just under 10gb free..... seems a little uneven...

thanks
            "God Will Forgive Them, He'll Forgive Them And Allow Them Into Heaven. I Cant Live With That "

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

^more ram

Comment

• djsethnichols
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ryan0751
                What does? SSL? It sounds quite great actually...

Here's a set I did on Wednesday night with it:

I don't hear any audio quality issues. I do have a very high end mixer though (Rane 2016a).
                It's better sounding on small systems or in home, but still lacking. On large scale systems it is more evident. I'm sure your rane mixer helps beef it up though. Though, I've heard the traktor system has a higher sampling rate and sounds better than serato, not sure on it's functionality though.
                https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Working...