LOL. For Sightless and other baseball people.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

LOL. For Sightless and other baseball people.

Taken from ESPN's Page 2: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=keown/060614

Our Team, our time, your death

The New Mets theme song, "Our Team, Our Time," is so bad that fans are petitioning online to have it killed, the creators are getting death threats and it has been banned to only pregame playtime.
    -- New York Post, June 1, 2006

Dear Mr. Songwriter,

After careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that your work on "Our Team, Our Time" constitutes a substandard effort in the field of sports anthems. As such, I believe you should die.

It is my belief that the song, allegedly intended to be an uplifting ode to the Mets' new identity for the 2006 baseball season, is not of sufficient quality to stand as the team's official theme song. Because of this and other transgressions, I believe you should die.

I want you to know this conclusion was not reached without due diligence on my part. Many factors, including your previous body of work (mostly nonexistent, I might add) were weighed before coming to this decision. I researched it -- I even prayed on it. However, after hearing that repetitive techno-pop, pseudo-rap pounding repeatedly during a three-day meditative session with my Round-A-Sound Headphones, I believe you should die.

I do not want to leave you with the impression that I did not see some value in your work. It is not completely without merit. For instance, no one can argue that Billy Wagner does, indeed, throw heat. There are redeeming qualities to your descriptions of Pedro Martinez and Carlos Delgado, but they are a bit obvious, aren't they?

Pedro Martinez will strike you out.
    You couldn't do better than that?

Cliff Floyd and Carlos Beltran. Playing the outfield.

Were you trying not to tax our mental capacity here? Seriously, did it take you more than an hour to write this song? Under state statute, the Floyd/Beltran stanza alone elevates the offense to the capital level.

We Mets fans, and I speak for nearly everyone I know, deserve and demand better from the writer entrusted with the awesome responsibility of the team's theme song. Since you, in our opinion, have failed, I believe you should die.

I am trying not to be too harsh in my criticism of your work, but I must add that the beat is not only repetitive but annoyingly so. What is that instrument that seems to insist upon berating us with the sound of a Sawzall grinding through rebar? Please advise.

For your personal edification -- and before you meet your deserved demise -- I suggest you listen to the durable-if-saccharine anthems of Terry Cashman. More than any baseball balladeer, Cashman had a flair for the simple beats and eloquent words that could put a smile on the face of any true fan. You, on the other hand, are evoking nothing more than pained winces from Mets fans.

In summary, I believe this is neither an overreaction nor an unfair sentence. I have weighed the evidence and determined that your continued existence poses a significant and ongoing threat to society. Therefore, I believe you should die.

Yours truly,

A Concerned Mets Fan
    I have yet to hear this song but it must be pretty awful.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: LOL. For Sightless and other baseball people.

its bad.

im a yanks fan though. rubyraks is a mets fan. but he is staying away from the internet until world cup is over.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• MJDub
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

And probably staying away from Shea until the song/creator is dead, too.
      http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• beanzncheez
        Banned
        • Jun 2004

Quick. Someone do a remix of it.

Comment

• Kobe
          I wish I had an interesting User title
          • Jun 2004

Pretty embarrassing shit, but our team rocks so it's all good

Beats are my crack.

Comment

• FM
            Wooooooo!
            • Jun 2004

oh my god. I just listened to this.

Who the fuck in Marketing came up with this shit. It's no wonder teams can't market themselves and get more people to come to the games. Who wants to be associated or buy into crap like this?

EDIT; Never mind. Here's the press release.

"TJS Marketing Group of Smithtown, N.Y. and Breakthru Productions of Orange, N.J. spontaneously created the new song for the Mets.."

Yea. Good luck on your next clients.
            FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
            "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
            Facebook!
            A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Kobe
              I wish I had an interesting User title
              • Jun 2004

Orange, NJ-- 'nuff said
              Beats are my crack.

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

at least they finally have something to brag about.
                Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

Working...