Cricket.... the mobile provider not the game.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoffgulley
    Platinum Poster
    • Apr 2005

Cricket.... the mobile provider not the game.

So anyone here in the states using the service? $45 for unlimited local and long distance calls (excluding Alaska.. sorry Alaska peeps) with voice mail, caller ID, call waiting, 2 directory assistance calls, and unlimited text and picture messaging seems like a good deal... coverage could be sketchy starting out though.

discuss....

(insert obligatory beanz anal smilie here).
    "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

• rainman
    Platinum Poster
    • Dec 2005

Re: Cricket.... the mobile provider not the game.

I work for a wireless provider whose name I will not mention, but I will say this; anytime a company advertises that voicemail, and caller id is free, usually means they are trying make it sound much better than what it is. Have you checked out their coverage area? Their map appears to be more than a little sketchy as far as coverage goes. Did you happen to notice that there is no data such as internet, email, etc.? These are all pretty much industry standards these days. I would be sure to find out whether or not the unlimited text and picture messaging is just for cricket customers or anyone also. If you use your phone sporaticly, don't use the internet or email on your phone, don't want to download ringtones, and don't care about whether or not you'll be able to make phone calls due to a lack of coverage it sounds great.

Comment

• geoffgulley
      Platinum Poster
      • Apr 2005

Re: Cricket.... the mobile provider not the game.

^^ I have t-mobile and I'm generally happy with the service (is anyone truly EVER happy with their wireless?)... the great thing is that other providers change their service to compete so I imagine the same will happen with Cricket entering more and more markets... Just a thread to see if anyone actually has/heard/or used the service...

(again, insert beanz anal smilie here)
      "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

Working...