X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rubyraks
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: The Rinse - 2006-06-18 - Ben Watt

nope, can't stand that damn place...was there the week before for Morillo (friend's damn birthday night) and that crowd was absolutely horrible...like the sound factory crowd from days past never left, but I did make up for it the following weekend with Jimmy Van M & Desyn at Cielo, followed by Ian Pooley at Sullivan Room
    "Work like you don't need the money.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Dance like nobody's watching.
    Sing like nobody's listening.
    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• progression202
      Addiction started
      • Mar 2005

much to my surprise...on both those danny nights - it wasnt ur typical soundfactory crowd...yea, i prefer cielo myself over anything in the city right now. i can go there any night of the week and have a good night of music.

Comment

• rubyraks
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by progression202
        much to my surprise...on both those danny nights - it wasnt ur typical soundfactory crowd...yea, i prefer cielo myself over anything in the city right now. i can go there any night of the week and have a good night of music.
        Surprising bout Danny's party...if that's the case I may have to make it out next time he's in town...it's been too damn long

and true dat on cielo, that place rocks

and a little fyi, Ben Watt is booked to come back to NYC probably early next year and I'd guess he'd be playing at Cielo, he's come to love that place and it truly is the perfect place for him to play in the city.

Comment

• progression202
          Addiction started
          • Mar 2005

yea cielo and watt are a perfect match. was there both nights in august and we tore the place up!!!!!!! wooooaaaa. i actually had the chance to speak with him over a ciggy outside and he was saying how he wants to frequent new york more often, and the ONLY place he would spin at would be cielo

yea, howells was standard 10hours that night, best hes done since arc closing. i dont know if u heard but puff daddy showed up to dance, and tenaglia himself showed up at 6ish to pay hommage to his old vinyl/arc co resident. BUT tenaglia the saturday after was fucking RELENTLESS!!! hes truly the best dj in the world imo. behrouz did a surprise opening too what was amazing way to start the night. i dont know what time he finished, but i had to leave 11am cuz i couldnt stand up anymore. in the 10 or so hours i saw danny on i couldnt recognize 1 TRACK!! and also most djs begin to cool the set down a lil at 11am, but he just kept banging it out with these tribal - techy monsters. no one comes close to throwing a marathon set better then danny tenaglia.

Comment

• rubyraks
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

yea cielo and watt are a perfect match. was there both nights in august and we tore the place up!!!!!!! wooooaaaa. i actually had the chance to speak with him over a ciggy outside and he was saying how he wants to frequent new york more often, and the ONLY place he would spin at would be cielo
            I had the exact same conversation with him then and was also there both nights...next time we'll have to meetup. I've yet to find any devout Ben Watt fans in nyc.

yea, howells was standard 10hours that night, best hes done since arc closing. i dont know if u heard but puff daddy showed up to dance, and tenaglia himself showed up at 6ish to pay hommage to his old vinyl/arc co resident. BUT tenaglia the saturday after was fucking RELENTLESS!!! hes truly the best dj in the world imo. behrouz did a surprise opening too what was amazing way to start the night. i dont know what time he finished, but i had to leave 11am cuz i couldnt stand up anymore. in the 10 or so hours i saw danny on i couldnt recognize 1 TRACK!! and also most djs begin to cool the set down a lil at 11am, but he just kept banging it out with these tribal - techy monsters. no one comes close to throwing a marathon set better then danny tenaglia.
            Now that's just making me jealous...that's the Danny I use to love and miss from the vinyl/arc days. I'll have to do it next time.

Comment

Working...