• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buckman
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

NJ governor resigns;admits he had affair with another man

id hate to be his wife

TRENTON, N.J. -- In a stunning declaration, Gov. James E. McGreevey announced his resignation Thursday and acknowledged that he had an extramarital affair with another man. "My truth is that I am a gay American," he said with his wife by his side at a nationally televised news conference.

"Shamefully, I engaged in adult consensual affairs with another man, which violates my bonds of matrimony," the twice-married father of two said. "It was wrong, it was foolish, it was inexcusable."

The Democrat said his resignation would be effective Nov. 15. Senate President Richard J. Codey, a Democrat, will become acting governor and serve out the remainder of McGreevey's term, which ends in early 2006. If McGreevey were to leave office before Nov. 15, a special election would be held.
    " Darkness Imprisioning Me
    All That I See
    Absolute Horror
    I Cannot Live
    I Cannot Die
    Trapped In Myself
    Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

That's gay.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• hypoluxxa
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Re:: NJ governor resigns;admits he had affair with another m

FABULOUS!!!!!

Comment

• Morgan
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Oh well, another gay american.
        "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

whoever the Govs john was, is gettin Paid!
          leo vak never made this kinda money suckin dix in the central park bathroom stalls.
          and he's a busy bitch!

Comment

• superdave
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

why did he resign? being gay isn't a crime. extramarital affairs are unethical, but Clinton did it and he didn't resign.
            Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• tiddles
              Encryption, Jr.
              • Jun 2004

so is his wife available?

Comment

• foreks
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MJDub
                That's gay.

Comment

• LV-8
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                  whoever the Govs john was, is gettin Paid!
                  leo vak never made this kinda money suckin dix in the central park bathroom stalls.
                  and he's a busy bitch!
                  Oh I know Mr. Muliti-task (Oral & Anal) is talking shit over here. Jib's a quality guy no need for vaseline he use's his own sweat from the all that Atlanta heat.

Reagrding, our Gov. Fuck that pillow biter, I never liked him in the first place. All b/c of him we have the highest property tax in the U.S.

The funny thing is thisa couple of years back there was a story abut this guy not being able to get a job for some reason I can't remember, go figure he was bainging his boss.

McGreevy also bought his lover a townhouse and had his salary jump from 30,000 to 120, 000 in a year and a half.

Comment

• Nigel Harkness
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by superdave
                    why did he resign? being gay isn't a crime. extramarital affairs are unethical, but Clinton did it and he didn't resign.
                    I'm assuming he decided to bring this out publicly so that other politicians wouldn?t bring this out in a scandalous way.

But I don?t understand why he would resign?

Comment

• GerryD
                      I love skanking
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by LV-8
                      McGreevy also bought his lover a townhouse and had his salary jump from 30,000 to 120, 000 in a year and a half.

Just goes to show you its who you know
                      "We're professional entertainers. You give us money, we entertain you.

Comment

• rewing3
                        I really don't care
                        • Jun 2004

Who cares?? Another Gay person announcing he is gay.
                        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• Trancelucent One
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

The main reason why he was *forced* to resign is because a few people under him (haha pun intended) are coming out with sexual harassment charges. The asked him to resign because the allegations were coming out soon (damn these puns) and he will be wrapped up with this and not have time for his job as the governor. Also, I'm sure that he lost an incredible amount of financial backing. Politics are not about what you see, but more of what you don't. The financial backers are the ones really running the politician and it's my guess that he lost a lot money from all this controversy.
                          ~Pam

I like it dark and dirty!!!

Comment

• peloquin
                            Till I Come!
                            • Jun 2004

i say good luck to him whatever he ends up doing in the future. im sure it takes a lot of courage to come out to that many people. its kinda one of those things thats hard to comment on because being over the other side of the country, ive never heard of the guy.

i say if he's doing a good job, who gives a fuck. but as ms. one said above, he probably lost (or was set to lose) a lot of financial backing.

Comment

• LV-8
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by peloquin
                              i say if he's doing a good job, who gives a fuck. but as ms. one said above, he probably lost (or was set to lose) a lot of financial backing.
                              Pelo I live in this state and believe me he's one of the most hated Gov. ever b/c of all the taxes, he's made numerous insurance companies leave NJ b/c it was too damn expensive and all the other BS and now we find out he was using our tax money to pay for his lovers house, vacations and spending money.

Comment

Working...