X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mixu
    Travel Guru Extraordinaire
    • Jun 2004

Sandra Collins' Essential Mix

Tomorrow night - will it be any good? Never heard her play... :?
    Ask me a question...
  • foreks
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re:: Sandra Collins' Essential Mix

she's damn good tellin' you

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

for a trance diva she isnt a half bad dj. be curious to see what her track selection is. her latest cd was on Joakies Perfecto lable. so, we'll see.

Comment

• chrisarm
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

she was awful at cream a couple of months ago. she came on after a 4 hr set by sasha for the last two hours and emptied the room

Comment

• hypoluxxa
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome
          for a trance diva she isnt a half bad dj. be curious to see what her track selection is. her latest cd was on Joakies Perfecto lable. so, we'll see.

I agree!
          If she's not too drunk or high, it'll be good. I have no clue about how tracie she'll be.

Comment

• Trancelucent One
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

I don't think she has much talent at all. I feel like she just slept with the right people to work her way to the top. She has some talent but usually you can't tell b/c she's too messed up. I met her a few times and she is extremely arrogant and very flighty. The thing with EM is you never know if she's actually playing or not. I know for a fact that one of her cd's, she actually didn't mix. She had someone else doctor it up for her. She's very hit or miss tho, I've heard some people say that they've seen her and she was fantastic. We'll just have to wait and see.
            ~Pam

I like it dark and dirty!!!

Comment

• asdf_admin
              i use to be important
              • Jun 2004

I am with you on this one Pam. I saw on her first tour with Tranceport. I really liked the cd back in the day, it was fair, plus it was chicka spinning, so I had to show mad support. I swear to you, see almost spun the whole CD ... I guess practice does make perfect. :wink:
              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• peloquin
                Till I Come!
                • Jun 2004

i never liked tranceport. didnt like her new perfecto disc. dont like her. :wink:

Comment

• Neo
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

I've seen her a couple of times and she can throw down. Although, like everyone says she's hit or miss. She's just way too cracked out now, I don't think she could stand up for more than an hour.

Comment

• peloquin
                    Till I Come!
                    • Jun 2004

^ i agree, def. looks like shes done one too many lines off of the club toilet seat

Comment

• Neo
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by peloquin
                      ^ i agree, def. looks like shes done one too many lines off of the club toilet seat
                      It's too bad because she could play the dark shit gooood. She's done. I think she plays out once in awhile and gets paid for what she used to be. It's a shame because she used to be pretty good.

Comment

• peloquin
                        Till I Come!
                        • Jun 2004

ive never personally seen her live, so i have no room to judge on that one. she actually is one of the few "big name" djs that comes to portland on a regular basis, ill have to fill my pockets with beer money and check 'er out one of these days. i still say her perfecto cd wasnt good, chock full of pretty big tracks, and some gems in there, but the cd just didnt do it for me. tranceport 3 i might have gotten into easier if i didnt find the first track, at 11 minutes in length, a tad (lot) boring. my friend on the other hand, has caught her in portland quite a few times, and seems to like her okay, although he said she looks like she's rolling everytime he sees her i doubt ill ever listen to her essential mix, but to each his own.

Originally posted by Neo
                        I think she plays out once in awhile and gets paid for what she used to be. It's a shame because she used to be pretty good.
                        yes, that would be known as "oakenfold syndrome"

Comment

• buzztim
                          Getting warmed up
                          • Jun 2004

she's not a bad dj... her programming is top notch and she was always good at picking out some great tunes... she's fallen off a bit in the last few years though imo... she seems to be fucked up at every gig...

and as far as her not mixing the Cream cd... not true... she mixed it, Justin Scott Dixon (Voyager) just helped with the mastering and editing a few tracks...

i haven't heard her Perfecto cd yet... though the TL doesn't look horribly bad... it doesn't look great either though...

i'm interested in hearing her EM though...
                          Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you. -- Bill Hicks

Comment

• esef
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Re:: Sandra Collins' Essential Mix

Originally posted by foreks
                            she's damn good tellin' you
                            huh? you're kiddin right? ever seen that trainwreck live?

she is funny though. the one good thing that came out of her was the response to the question "what would you be if not a DJ?"

her response : "sober"

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

• palmer
                              Retired or Simply Important
                              • Jun 2004

Lost in Time was.....well ahead of its time. I still listen to that shit. I'm not expecting anything out of her as she is usually mediocre, at best, anymore.
                              todayistomorrow
                              art direction | design | animation

Comment

Working...