X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay Sustain
    Fresh Peossy
    • Feb 2006

Retrobyte's - Hot Damn [This Kid's On Fire!]

This may be your first time hearing the name, Retrobyte but rest assured it won't be the last.

It's rare to find music that sends a ripple across the industry, its even more rare to find artists like Retrobyte. His first commercially released single, "Need You Today", boldly featured his songwriting, singing, and production skills. In review of their vinyl release, featuring remixer Scott Richardson, TranceTribe Recordings catches up with Retobyte in this recent interview.

In early 2006, Retrobyte submitted his song, "Going Down" to us here at Undermine. Jay Sustain, our Executive Producer, was the lucky recipient of that track. Jay knew immediately that there was something there.....
    "What could you say, I think everyone I knew was 'Going Down Down Down' by the end of the week...it came at the perfect time as I was preparing for Winter Music Conference, where essentially the song came to life", explained Jay, when asked about the submission. As the story goes, Jay returned from miami with the stamp of approval and negotiations with Gabriel and Dresden's, Organized Nature. "Going Down" has since been a staple of Gabriel & Dresden's worldwide tour, many times the peak point of their sets. The DJ Duo has been quick to play other Retrobyte productions including his now infamous "Breakfast Special Mix" of their #1, "Tracking Treasure Down".

Bringing us to now. Retrobyte's, "Hot Damn EP" is breaking first week record sales for this label and not surprising. With DJ support like Noel Sanger, Burufunk, Hernan Cattaneo, Mike Hiratzka, D:FUSE, The Flash Brothers, DJ Taucher, Sander Kleinenberg, and many more, Retrobyte is in place to take Gold.

lofi sample attached of the Produb Mis. Visit Undermine Records for hi-fi samples.

Get your copy of "Hot Damn EP" today. Available at Beatport, Magnetic Grooves, AudioJelly, and TrackItDown
Working...