• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Is it just me, or...

I was just thinking...

I was born in the 70's like most of us here. So the MS majority probably remembers the downfall of the USSR and the end of the cold war. When you listen to the music from that time, there's this predominant fatalist idea: "What if the bomb drops?"

But hey, thanks to our buddies Gorbatchev and Jeltsin we no longer have a nuclear threat... After the oil crisis was forgotten and terrorist fractions like the CCC, IRA, RAF and C? chilled out, consumer confidence grew and we had a few years of relative calmness in the west. You know, the fabulous 90's...

Hokey, we got hit pretty hard by the dot com crisis, but hell, after some time the global economic trend was stable or upward again. C'mon, after all it was our own e-fault, right?

And then *BOOM*

I wake up one fine morning in 2006 and notice that:

- oil prices are up and over the oil crisis level
    - instead of the usual separatist car bombing we now have extremists on crack flying airliners into sky scrapers
    - instead of afganistan, vietnam and what not we now have the US deplete their military resources in iraq
    - Iran is acting up again too, o rly? So 80's, y'know...
    - instead of an actor as president of the most and now only super power, we have a clown in the oval office
    - No shit, NK is fueling an ICBM? Yeah well, at least that shit won't be flying and being wiped out somewhere over Europe. We'll call that a tie

Now what did I miss here? How did this shit happen?

Is it just me or are we worse off than when our parents had our age? Back in the 70's there was the relative feeling of safety because of the fear of MAD. Now I don't have a clue what my life will look like in 10 years because of economic instability under the stress of oil prices in a final upward trend.

No this is not your regular OH MY GOD WE'RE GONNA DIEEEE!!! thread. My business is doing good and I'm banging the most incredible woman I've ever met... Hell, I don't have a reason to be depressed. I just wonder what cess pool we're going to leave for our kids to handle now that our parents are retiring and our generation is taking over gradually...

One thing's for sure though: we will deplete the fossil fuel reserves on earth [/sarcasm]

Thoughts?
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Is it just me, or...

and im banging the most beautiful woman you ever met too. tell E i want my socks back.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
      and im banging the most beautiful woman you ever met too. tell E i want my socks back.
      ye well, she said that if your dick was one centimer longer you'd be da king. If it were a centimeter small you would be a queen.

Quit shagging man, I mean it. I've already got goo coming out of Cpanel, grossssss :WTF:

Comment

• beanzncheez
        Banned
        • Jun 2004

You guys are all homos and who cares. We're all gonna die eventually.

Comment

• evangelion
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
          My business is doing good and I'm banging the most incredible woman I've ever met.
          Did it feel like the whole thing led up to that sentence to anyone else??

Comment

• KinKyJ
            Platinum Poser
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by evangelion
            Did it feel like the whole thing led up to that sentence to anyone else??
            Probably that's cuz it's the only sentence your mental capacities allowed you to respond to

Comment

• beanzncheez
              Banned
              • Jun 2004

^ ^ You should stop trying to come off as "smart". It's not working for you and it never will. You're from fucking Belgium.

Comment

• unkownartist
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

your fuicking her too

Comment

• KinKyJ
                  Platinum Poser
                  • Jun 2004

This thread is a perfect illustration of what is wrong with ms these days (cfr. Negativitis thread)

Comment

• beanzncheez
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2004

^ ^ LMFAO @ failing at life. Give it up, kiddo.

Comment

• KinKyJ
                      Platinum Poser
                      • Jun 2004

stop talking to yourself

Comment

• anonin
                        Juvenile Delinquent
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by KinKyJ
                        I was just thinking...

I was born in the 70's like most of us here. So the MS majority probably remembers the downfall of the USSR and the end of the cold war. When you listen to the music from that time, there's this predominant fatalist idea: "What if the bomb drops?"

But hey, thanks to our buddies Gorbatchev and Jeltsin we no longer have a nuclear threat... After the oil crisis was forgotten and terrorist fractions like the CCC, IRA, RAF and C? chilled out, consumer confidence grew and we had a few years of relative calmness in the west. You know, the fabulous 90's...

Hokey, we got hit pretty hard by the dot com crisis, but hell, after some time the global economic trend was stable or upward again. C'mon, after all it was our own e-fault, right?

And then *BOOM*

I wake up one fine morning in 2006 and notice that:

- oil prices are up and over the oil crisis level
                        - instead of the usual separatist car bombing we now have extremists on crack flying airliners into sky scrapers
                        - instead of afganistan, vietnam and what not we now have the US deplete their military resources in iraq
                        - instead of an actor as president of the most and now only super power, we have a clown in the oval office
                        - No shit, NK is fueling an ICBM? Yeah well, at least that shit won't be flying and being wiped out somewhere over Europe. We'll call that a tie

Now what did I miss here? How did this shit happen?

Is it just me or are we worse off than when our parents had our age? Back in the 70's there was the relative feeling of safety because of the fear of MAD. Now I don't have a clue what my life will look like in 10 years because of economic instability under the stress of oil prices in a final upward trend.

No this is not your regular OH MY GOD WE'RE GONNA DIEEEE!!! thread. My business is doing good and I'm banging the most incredible woman I've ever met... Hell, I don't have a reason to be depressed. I just wonder what cess pool we're going to leave for our kids to handle now that our parents are retiring and our generation is taking over gradually...

One thing's for sure though: we will deplete the fossil fuel reserves on earth [/sarcasm]

Thoughts?
                        i feel you on that, i think what it all boils down to is we are in a time of serious change and transition. As this transition occurs, the general flow of things are increasingly negative, especially considering the negative administration in place in the US, it just sets the stage. All of those things you mentioned revolve around the bush administration and well... you know how that is.

Comment

• thesightless
                          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                          • Jun 2004

yeah but its ok with black people
                          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• beanzncheez
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2004

Comment

• beanzncheez
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2004