X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonin
    Juvenile Delinquent
    • Oct 2005

canada is the new saudi arabia...

i saw a thread on somethingawful about the truck drivers in alberta, apparently they make six figures as well as alot of other oil-sand related jobs there.

• czetly
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2006

Re: canada is the new saudi arabia...

Canada's national health insurance program is at least part of the reason for the differences found in the study, Woolhandler said. Universal coverage makes it easier for more Canadians to get disease-preventing health services, she said.

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

what are you talking about?

Thx for the share Ano, didn't know about this at all

Comment

• beanzncheez
        Banned
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
        Thx for the share Ano, didn't know about this at all
        That's what happens when you are in Belgium and don't pay any attention.

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

ya you can make a six figure salary with a high school education...but the quality of life leaves a little to be desired. they usually work 3 weeks on, then one off, and we're talking 10-12 hour days. fort macmurray is 4 hours north of me in edmonton, and we're the farthest north of any city in north america with a population of a million or more. it can be a pretty desolate place if you're not used to the cold and the lack of sunshine in the winter (in december and january the sun comes up at 9am and sets by 3pm). still, not many places can you make that kind of money with next to no education.

i myself just got on as a business analyst with a large oil and gas firm, but i'll be working in Calgary. Alot easier place to live, and the money is just as good, if not better.

Comment

• day_for_night
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by czetly
            Canada's national health insurance program is at least part of the reason for the differences found in the study, Woolhandler said. Universal coverage makes it easier for more Canadians to get disease-preventing health services, she said.
            uhh where are you finding this in that article??

Comment

Working...