Can't they just fight to the death and be done with it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Re: Can't they just fight to the death and be done with it?

Originally posted by davetlv
    And historically wrong. . . go back and study from the end of the ottoman empire till 1948 please!!!
    Go back before the ottoman empire and your ass was owned by the Greeks, the Romans and what not...

You shouldn't have taken that quote seriously dave

Comment

• davetlv
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
      You shouldn't have taken that quote seriously dave
      These are serious times Jan - my humor is somewhat lacking right now

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

yeah, I can understand perfectly bro... imo it has become so surrealistic that it looks like a comedy... which it isn't of course.

Wtf is wrong with people these days?

Maybe NATO should intervene like in the Balkan and bomb every fucker that dares to move to smithereens. Keppel or Arafat scarf, all the same. Dunno, it seems so patronizing, but the more this disgusting soap opera goes on, the more I think the international community should referee explosivewise...

Comment

• speciale
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Dec 2005

either way, both side have to be strong and force peace. no one will since both sides are too bitter and have to much against the other so it is a fuckn shame. We are all humans and that is enough to have in common to get along.
          Originally posted by Miroslav
          It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
          No Soup for You

Comment

• davetlv
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by speciale
            either way, both side have to be strong and force peace. no one will since both sides are too bitter and have to much against the other so it is a fuckn shame. We are all humans and that is enough to have in common to get along.
            speciale, interesting point, but wrong nonetheless.

Israel has many a time saught an end to this bitter conflict; the last serious attempt (excluding the gaza disengagement of last year) was in 2000 (when Ehud Barak even offered a withdrawal from East Jerusalem thus allowing the Palestinians to have their capitol there).

The response by Arafat and his clad of merry men was a big fat NO - just like the No, No, No after the Darfur conference in the 60's. Instead of making counter proposals to end this bitter conflict the Palestinians, with money directly funnelled by the PA, started this intifada.

My government has over the past 40 years tried to end this conflict too many times, unfortunatly the only acceptable end for the Palestinians involves the annialation of my country. . . . . .

Israelis up and down the country want this bitter scenario to end, we elected a party that promised to end it, one way or another. The Palestinians however elected a party into government who only believe in destroying Israel.

As usual, one side wants and end to this conflict whilst the other wants to maintain it in the vague hope that one day we will have had enough. That aint never gonna happen.

Comment

• algy
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

In Israel, are you forced to serve in the armed service?
              =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
              "Too much love making, makes for poor match play." - Algy

Comment

• davetlv
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by algy
                In Israel, are you forced to serve in the armed service?
                algy, forced is the wrong word. Israel, like France and countless other countries, has conscription - three years for guys and two years for gals.

There are objectors to the army, and in many cases these people spend their time serving the country in other ways, working with kids/teacher aid, working on nature projects that sort of thing,

Comment

• algy
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

^^ Respect
                  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
                  "Too much love making, makes for poor match play." - Algy

Comment

• rhipkin
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Jun 2004

Israel, like France and countless other countries, has conscription - three years for guys and two years for gals
                    Yeah we had 2 years in South Africa.

I don't know what to say with regards to the Middle East.... I just carry on praying that one day, maybe not in my lifetime, that all this will end. But to be completely honest, the way its carried on this long I don't think it will ever until one party crushes the other...

Good Luck Davetlv

I hope you get your soldier back.
                    http://emp.onbeat.net/frame.htm

Comment

Working...