X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Ayan Hirsi coming to america

former dutch MP, ayan hirsi, who resigned her MP post in the Dutch gov't over visa fraud allegations, and also is the woman most recently noted as a target for radicals within the dark underbelly of islam due to her contribution to Theo Van Goh's documentary on women's right in the middle east, is moving to the US to join a washington think tank.

good for her. i hunted down the movie and followed her story after theo van goh was murdered and she seems like someone who could do the world some good. hopefully someone here listens.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Ayan Hirsi coming to america

Too bad she's gonna end up in an ultra-conservative think tank.
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
      she seems like someone who could do the world some good.
      Well she is. Thanks to her the most incompetent Dutch government ever had to resign. Bear with me as I give you the short version of the story...

1. On May 15, 2006, officials of the Netherlands government cast doubt on Hirsi Ali's status as a Dutch national, because she provided false information in her application for refugee status in the Netherlands. She later used the same false information when she applied for, and was granted, Dutch citizenship.

2. The Dutch minister of immigration and integration, Rita Verdonk, moved to annul her citizenship (note: minister Verdonk is member of the VVD, the same party as Hirsi Ali, sic), a move that was overridden by order of the Prime Minister (note: also member of the VVD). She released to the New York Times personal letters from her father and other family members that affirmed her story about fleeing a forced marriage. A bit later though, she admitted to journalists that she was in fact an economic refugee.

3. On June 27, 2006, the Dutch government announced that Hirsi Ali would keep her Dutch citizenship.

4. Coalition partner D66 demanded the resignation of minister Verdonk because of her actions against Ayaan Hirsi Ali and even backed up a motion against her which was put down by the Green party wich is in the opposition. The motion didn't make it and Verdonk refused to resign so D66 left the government.

5. Since VVD and CDA didn't have a majority in the parliament anymore, PM Balkenende had no other choice than to present the resignation of the government to the Queen. It's not clear yet whether there will be early elections or not... to be continued...

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Yeah, just read about that today man...I turn my back and everything falls apart again. Same thing happened when I was in Ghana in 2003...what the fuck is wrong with those people, can't they play government and keep shit together when I'm gone?

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
          Yeah, just read about that today man...I turn my back and everything falls apart again. Same thing happened when I was in Ghana in 2003...
          Yao, the glue that keeps the Dutch society together

Comment

• thesightless
            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
            • Jun 2004

i was thinking more about exposing the terrible atrocities that occur within regions that are controlled by hard line, islamic militias, which is so conveinently forgotton about becuase everyone just wants to blame bush. imagine if erzina were raped, and then put to death becuase she became pregnant. or if dave, mike or mike were caught kissing another man and the police showed up to hang them right on the spot. or even more to some of our own hearts... imagine being caught drinking a cocktail and getting locked up cuz alchohol is banned.
            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• KinKyJ
              Platinum Poser
              • Jun 2004

You've got a point there sean, but to us euro trash the entire riot between Verdonk and Hirshi Ali and the resignation of the Balkenende cabinet is at this point the big news.

Comment

• Xessex
                Getting warmed up
                • Apr 2006

Kinky see things like this....

First of all people of her own party were getting annoyed by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. She acted many times on her own account not thinking about the party. So she had enemies in her own party.

Secondly there was this election going on in the party for the one to become the head of the VVD in the next elections. Rita Verdonk was campaining against Mark Rutte....and it somehows seems as if the card of Ayaan Hirsi Ali was outplayed to tackle Verdonk. Cause all of the sudden there was this documentary which contained information the tv-station knew two years back too and which was more vital to bring then. So its a political dirty play (supported by a news network which doesnt really like the hard attitude of Verdonk in the immigrants debate)....and the fact that Hirsi Ali announced so soon another job in the states makes me even believe that more...

But personally i'm a bit torn in between its good thats shes gone and no its not good. In our freedom of speech she was one of the very few that did dare to say anything and address the muslim intergration problems. On the other hand she was in her way of preaching almost just as radical as other radicals we do not wish in our society. I question even if she contributed anything to my country. All i know her off is that she's a bitch with her own agenda, her own belifes and she didnt want to hear a different voice.
                Be as intelligent as you are not!

Comment

• cosmo
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
                  Too bad she's gonna end up in an ultra-conservative think tank.

.......being that is where most of the logic and reasoning resides today.......

do you blame her?

Comment

• KinKyJ
                    Platinum Poser
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by cosmo
                    .......being that is where most of the logic and reasoning resides today.......
                    And suddenly a feeling of pitty overwhelmes me...

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Me too...but I already know Cosmo to be a pretty staunch conservative, though he usually does some good arguing. We just disagree 99% of the time .

Here in Ghana I managed to get my hands on a few interesting articles, I've taken pics of them and resized them, I'll try to post them later on. Both about the integration problems of Islam in Europe, and both with different views. Both in The Economist. Cool stuff to read, though not nearly complete in their analysis maybe.

Comment

• KinKyJ
                        Platinum Poser
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
                        Me too...but I already know Cosmo to be a pretty staunch conservative
                        Ok, now I'm at the point that I'm willing to make a donation

Comment

Working...