X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sign the petition to outlaw OPEC

well i am usually the biggest proponent of a free market economy and allowing capitalism to work. frankly, because they do, and usually in the best interest of the people, but i gotta go against my thoughts here. oil, along with healthcare, and health insurance should be heavily regulated in regards to price. they are all vital, and frankly, shouldnt be allowed to rake the everyday person. we arejust lining the pockets of a bunch of royal familes and sultans by paying more and more. if there could be an agreement formed amounst the crude oil processors to cap what they would pay, creating a lvl ground in regards to price, it would only help the world as a whole. you could allow the market to dictate retail price in the end by quality, rather than the asking price of some saudi prince's cousin who already owns a few yachts.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Jenks
      I'm kind of a big deal.
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
      ...these are things that have contributed to the high price of crude.
      ...as well as our inability to refine oil at a faster pace which also coincides with supply/demand. i forget what the numbers are, but we've not built a new refinery in years while the demand steadily increased. Add hurricane Katrina into the equation, which wiped out several refineries, and the price of oil at the pump is our own fault as well.

Comment

• Xessex
        Getting warmed up
        • Apr 2006

Americans shouldnt really be allowed to complain about gas prices.

1. They pay little compared to various place in Europe
        2. They have no government who taxes them alot on gas
        3. They dont really make that much cars, like the japanese, which need less gas a mile
        4. They refuse to drive around in smaller cars which saves gas and are much better for the environment. A big car with a big engine oh dear i cant do without that.
        5. They plant a ridiculous amount of traffic lights in cities...which are not really good for indeed saving gas.
        6. They have this traffic rule to stop at each crossing and the one who is first there may drive over the crossing first. Quite retarded to stop at pretty much every crossing even if no car is coming. It could well be safer than the Europena rules...but makes traffic slow and cars have to shift gears more often. So that makes the car use more gas.
        Be as intelligent as you are not!

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

x, my car gets 27 to a gallon. the real problem is people like my mom. we call them soccer moms. my mom, is 52, she works as a spec ed student aid. all her children are out of the house, and she has to only carry her pocketbook.

my moms car.... the biggest fucking thing that doesnt require commercial plates in NY. 14 miles er gallon. stop soccer moms from driving trucks and mini vans. shit stop women from driving anything bigger than a 4 door accord for the sake of everyone on the road.

Comment

• Xessex
            Getting warmed up
            • Apr 2006

I dont get it either....

But somehow some people buy their car for status or things like safety or whatever. Retards with an SUV in a place like Holland. My god.... lamers

Comment

• KinKyJ
              Platinum Poser
              • Jun 2004

Yeah or those tossers with a hummer with shiny chrome rims on them. W.A.N.K.E.R.S.

Comment

• Xessex
                Getting warmed up
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by thesightless
                x, my car gets 27 to a gallon. the real problem is people like my mom. we call them soccer moms. my mom, is 52, she works as a spec ed student aid. all her children are out of the house, and she has to only carry her pocketbook.

my moms car.... the biggest fucking thing that doesnt require commercial plates in NY. 14 miles er gallon. stop soccer moms from driving trucks and mini vans. shit stop women from driving anything bigger than a 4 door accord for the sake of everyone on the road.

For most people a Peugeot 206 would be more than convenient enough, or something from the same class. Hell even a Dacia Logan would be more than enough.

Comment

• thesightless
                  • Jun 2004

UMMM. no.

my parents have more money than they know what to do with. they only buy benz.

Comment

• Xessex
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Apr 2006

Even if i had much money i wouldnt buy myself an expensive car. I just don't get any extra joy with any car...its fun enough to drive a ford fiesta.

So even as a manager or ceo or something in some company i would drive a 20.000 euro car to the max.

Comment

• day_for_night
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                      ...as well as our inability to refine oil at a faster pace which also coincides with supply/demand. i forget what the numbers are, but we've not built a new refinery in years while the demand steadily increased. Add hurricane Katrina into the equation, which wiped out several refineries, and the price of oil at the pump is our own fault as well.
                      the inability to refine crude hasnt resulted in higher oil prices; it has, however, resulted in higher gasoline prices

Comment

Working...