X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJ
    Here since 2002
    • Jun 2004

USA who?

I see Puerto Rico opened up a rather large can of whoop ass on you`re basketball team today in the olympics.

Oh dear boys, you`re not as invinsible as you think.
    mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

meh, puerto rico = USA IMO
    so it's like we beat ourselves
    :wink:

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

yeah, its funny when the americans lose at sports they made up so no-one else could beat them
      motherlover

Comment

• MJDub
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Well if we actually had the team we first chose to go to Athens, we probably would've fared a lot better. But no, most of them had to cop out because of "security concerns." Now we just have a bunch of 2nd-tier thugs (except Tim Duncan) over there who suck at team sports. What on earth was Larry Brown thinking making ALLEN IVERSON co-captain of the team?!

This team isn't worthy of the title "Team USA."
        http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Mariusz
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jul 2004

pretty funny, olympix suck anyway

Comment

• MJ
            Here since 2002
            • Jun 2004

^^^And why`s that then?

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Morgan
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Costa Rica, Canada, Mexico & PR all basically America :wink:
              "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• neur0t0xin64
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

Re:: USA who?

Thats what happens when you put to many players who you've led to believe are "stars" on the same team. everyone want to be a leader
                "In case of doubt, attack." --- Gen. George Patton

Comment

• hobbes2oo
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

our basketball team sucks, they are not the caliber of players that we had at the 96' games in barcelona. These seem like they were picked just because they are the stars that the NBA wants to show the world so they can make more money.

Comment

• beto
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

It was one team against five individuals. The "Dream Team" always goes to this events thinking of vacations more than a serious competition... like the time they asked for a timeout, not knowing that on FIBA rules players can't call timeouts.

Argentina vs Serbia & Montenegro was THE game though, great final play by Emanuel Ginobili (SA Spurs) giving the one point advantage on the last second. It was payback for the Indianapolis world basketball championship finals...

Comment

• evangelion
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

I've got two word for ya: PA-THETIC!!!!!

3 for 24 from the 3 point line??!! A 6 INCHES SHORTER 3 POINT LINE!!!!!
                      EDIT-- The 3 point line is 3 FEET CLOSER!!!!! All the worse.

Basically these goofs got exposed for what they are: rich, spoiled street ballers who wouldn't know the game of basketball if it rolled up in an Escalade on spinners.

What really kills me is they probably could care less. There's no money in it...why should they care. They think they can go out there and play like shit and try for nothing but behind the back passes and alley-oops and the other team is gonna be so dazzled they won't remember how to play. Well...not the case.

No one can even try the "Well, it was just a bad game" or "They just snuck up on us" cards. Puerta Rico BEAT them...straight up. Funny...we can't even win in the game we invented anymore.

Dream Team???

Comment

• superdave
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

really pathetic and this is coming from an American who has always enjoyed watching the NBA as long as I remember.

i think they're is two things going on here. first, we were so far ahead of the rest of the world that it was a matter of time before other countries got close. second, i don't think today's nba players from america are the best fundamentally sound players. and their attitude isn't about playing team ball to win. it's all about money and dunking. guys are unbelieveable athletes, but can't shoot.

i don't think they can come back. an opening round loss by giving up 90 plus points and another exhibition loss agains the italians tells me they're just not that good of a team.

as for the 2nd tier nba players, there's something to that, but still no excuse to lose by that many points. the score does indicate that it wasn't even close.
                        Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• skahound
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unrecogniseduser
                          yeah, its funny when the americans lose at sports they made up so no-one else could beat them
                          What a stupid comment! I'm not sure of very many circumstances where delegates from several countries got together to invent a sport. Just because an individual from a country invents a sport doesn't mean that the country of origin will win every competition in that sport. Look at USA Hockey in 1980.
                          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• nbpgt
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mariusz
                            pretty funny, olympix suck anyway
                            yeah there aint SHIT on tv right now..

Comment

• MJ
                              Here since 2002
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
                              I'm not sure of very many circumstances where delegates from several countries got together to invent a sport. Just because an individual from a country invents a sport doesn't mean that the country of origin will win every competition in that sport. Look at USA Hockey in 1980.
                              England - football - garbage

Silentium est aureum

Comment

Working...