• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re:: USA who?

Originally posted by superdave
    as for the 2nd tier nba players, there's something to that, but still no excuse to lose by that many points. the score does indicate that it wasn't even close.
    I said it to make the point that these selfish jack-offs shouldn't be the ones representing our country (or any country for that matter) in the Olympics. Of course there's no excuse for playing like that especially if you get paid millions to play and win the game. But then again, they are just some money-hungry thugs who care about nothing else.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• beto
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Musical Journey
      Originally posted by skahound
      I'm not sure of very many circumstances where delegates from several countries got together to invent a sport. Just because an individual from a country invents a sport doesn't mean that the country of origin will win every competition in that sport. Look at USA Hockey in 1980.
      England - football - garbage
      or England @ Mexico '86

Comment

• djstevendellis
        Fresh Peossy
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MJDub
        Well if we actually had the team we first chose to go to Athens, we probably would've fared a lot better. But no, most of them had to cop out because of "security concerns." Now we just have a bunch of 2nd-tier thugs (except Tim Duncan) over there who suck at team sports. What on earth was Larry Brown thinking making ALLEN IVERSON co-captain of the team?!

This team isn't worthy of the title "Team USA."

I aggree with you there. These pre madonnas deserved the ass whooping they got.

Comment

• DreamGirlie
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
          meh, puerto rico = USA IMO
          so it's like we beat ourselves
          :wink:
          "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• Kam
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2004

the americans cant play as a team , plain & simple.

Comment

• bananapeel
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
              meh, puerto rico = USA IMO
              so it's like we beat ourselves
              :wink:
              Yeah, it's like the "varsity team" easily beating the "junior varsity team"

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

Yeah, I'm disappointed in both the guys that were asked to play that didn't, and the guys that are playing now with no heart. It should be an honor to be asked to represent your country. They should play, play hard, and play proud.

I'm still holding out for hope that they will pull their heads our of their asses and play some ball...

Comment

• arielus
                  He's back, in Pog form
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by djstevendellis
                  Originally posted by MJDub
                  Well if we actually had the team we first chose to go to Athens, we probably would've fared a lot better. But no, most of them had to cop out because of "security concerns." Now we just have a bunch of 2nd-tier thugs (except Tim Duncan) over there who suck at team sports. What on earth was Larry Brown thinking making ALLEN IVERSON co-captain of the team?!

This team isn't worthy of the title "Team USA."
                  I aggree with you there. These pre madonnas deserved the ass whooping they got.
                  USA should start bringing a better team to the Olympics and World Cups, cause they are losing with these 2nd choice players :?

Quoting some news

Originally posted by USA Today
                  The USA's defeat will send shockwaves to the rest of the world. The only excuse for this performance is the obvious one - this team just isn't that good. If the USA is ever going to dominate world competition again, it will have to send its very best players. It tried to this time, but for various reasons all of the NBA's top players, except for Duncan and Iverson, chose not to play. Shaquille O'Neal, Jermaine O'Neal and Ben Wallace all cited fatigue; Kevin Garnett, Vince Carter and Ray Allen are getting married; Kobe Bryant's trial for sexual assault is slated to begin this month; Jason Kidd, Karl Malone and Elton Brand are injured; and Mike Bibby and Tracy McGrady cited security concerns.
                  Come on... Security concerns?? they are living in the biggest ship ever made, better than a 5 star hotel. Tony Blair was there, you have to pass thru 2 concrete walls and a metal detector just to get near the ship :P
                  Garnett, Carter and Allen getting married? That's no excuse to represent your country in an international competition. Take Duncan, he wasn't born in the US, but he's proud to play for the national team.
                  They only valid excuses are Kobe's and Malone, Kidd and Brand's.
                  The rest, a bunch of pussies :P

Originally posted by MSNBC
                  "They play the game the way it's supposed to be played" Iverson said. It's not about athletics. That's the game the way Karl Malone and John Stockton play it. It's good for kids to see how the game is supposed to be played.
                  On previous game, Argentina beated Serbia & Montenegro with 0.1 seconds left

Manu Ginobili's off-balance shot left his hand just a split-second before the final buzzer, dropping through the basket to give Argentina a thrilling 83-82 victory over Serbia-Montenegro on Sunday on the first day of Olympic men's basketball.

While Argentina's players mobbed Ginobili, Serbia-Montenegro's coach protested that the shot came after the buzzer. But TV replays showed Ginobili released the ball in time.

"Once it left my hand, I knew it was good," Ginobili said. "This is a very special thing."

Ginobili scored 27 points for Argentina, which avenged a defeat in the title game at the 2002 World Championships. A non-call by a referee at the end of regulation sent that game into overtime to help Serbia-Montenegro, then known as Yugoslavia, win.
                  BTW, Manu is the Athlete of the day on Athens 2004 official website

I'm happy about Argentina's victory against Serbia & Montenegro, but now my national team has to beat Spain, an excellent team, with chances to fight for a medal.

Anyway, I'll try to keep these words in mind.
                  "We didn't play our best game, and we have a lot to learn, but there is still a lot of basketball to play here," guard Dwyane Wade said.
                  http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
                  http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
                  http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

wtf...

Originally posted by unrecogniseduser
                    yeah, its funny when the americans lose at sports they made up so no-one else could beat them
                    where the fuck is that coming from ???

I got one word for ya buddy.... CRICKET.... I dont remember the last time UK even entered an international event they've gotten their asses canned EVERY-TIME.....

-e-
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    Originally posted by ace_dl
                    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• dmach166
                      Getting warmed up
                      • Jun 2004

americans and their basketball
                      basketball sucks
                      heehee

Comment

• rewing3
                        I really don't care
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mariusz
                        pretty funny, olympix suck anyway
                        Agreed. I don't ever watch the alympics anyways. To boring and half the sports I could care less about anyways.
                        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• Garrick
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

usa basketball team sucks. i hope they lose and their egos get deflated. fucking losers.
                          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hobbes2oo
                            our basketball team sucks, they are not the caliber of players that we had at the 96' games in barcelona. These seem like they were picked just because they are the stars that the NBA wants to show the world so they can make more money.
                            hahaha, not quite. half of them are rookies. they were picked because most of the people they asked didnt want to go.
                            You really think the NBA wants the world to see Allen Iverson representing it or the USA? Bullshit, the NBA had his tattooes airbrushed from the photos of him in a magazine he was in a couple years ago. THey should have just sent the Detroit Pistons over there to sort it out.
                            All the other countries are catching up, there are alot more foriegners in the NBA now. Other teams play basketball, and dont go out there trying to act like they are the globetrotters. Funny how the NBA crowns a "world champion". Shit, it can barely be called a North American champion now.

Comment

• arielus
                              He's back, in Pog form
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome
                              the NBA had his tattooes airbrushed from the photos of him in a magazine he was in a couple years ago
                              is that true?
                              http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
                              http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
                              http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• Steve Graham
                                DJ Jelly
                                • Jun 2004

Yeah, I wish I could remember the mag. I will research it. I saw the before and after pics in a local newspaper here in Tampa.

here is some info on that from espn.com

Allen Iverson and other players with street cred have helped the NBA corner the urban market.

Comment

Working...