X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

my ears are ringing like mad...

and its thanks to mr. zabiela. that man has learned how to absolutely destroy a dancefloor since i saw him last. fo' serious.
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: my ears are ringing like mad...

f'real?
    pics or stfu

Comment

• hypoluxxa
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Really? Good, my only problem with his sets is that he'd get things going and all of a sudden everything would just go south with all this scratching and crap.

Comment

• peloquin
        Till I Come!
        • Jun 2004

playing in seattle tommorow... and im gonna miss him yet again.

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
          f'real?
          pics or stfu
          ya my camera is on the fritz, so no pics from me.

He wasn't doing his scratching-weirdness at all. as the set built, he was just dropping bomb after bomb...it was great. he has alot of fun behind the decks too, makes for an entertaining night.

Comment

• lilsensa
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
            Really? Good, my only problem with his sets is that he'd get things going and all of a sudden everything would just go south with all this scratching and crap.
            yeah, never heard him live, but when he does that in his sets, it sounds really cool, but the vibe seems to have gone somewhere else...i dont know......i enjoy him though
            RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• anonin
              Juvenile Delinquent
              • Oct 2005

its very easy to get enamored with james zabiela's slightly above average dj skills coupled with his below average scratching, only to realize that he's actually an average dj that pulled 85% of the dancefloor to the club that nite only because they read sasha was behind him on the flyer or some shit, the other 15% are bare geeks who probably think utilities is some sort of sonic masterpeice.

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
                For sure. That shit always happens with Zabiela around. Have always had a problem with his programming and scratching.

Originally posted by day_for_night
                He wasn't doing his scratching-weirdness at all. as the set built, he was just dropping bomb after bomb...it was great. he has alot of fun behind the decks too, makes for an entertaining night.
                Think he's due to play here soon. I'll check out the gig based on your review. Hope he keeps that up!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• sakio pod
                  SALAD TOSSER
                  • Jun 2004

your ears are ringing cause it was a shit sound system

Comment

Working...