X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Checks and Balances Be Damned!

Don't want judges ruling on the constitutionality of acts of Congress? Simple, just enact a different piece of legislation that purports to strip them of the authority to do so. That's what the House has done in an attempt to prevent federal courts from ruling on the constitutonality of the "under God" passage of the pledge of allegiance -- which, by the way, was added by the legislature.

I've got no problem personally with the "under God" phrase in the pledge, but trying to preotect it by stripping federal courts of their ability to rule it unconstitutional is circular to the point of being absurd. Separation of powers, anyone? Uh, checks and balance? Judicial review? Hmm?

Ridiculous.
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Checks and Balances Be Damned!

i had the last straw broken when every single federally elected official threw a shit fit regarding the FBI's raid of that senators office. since when did the fact that enough dumb people voted you in allow you to supercede the laws we demand you enforce. and furthermore, after the supreme court ruled they could raid the offices, they all threw fits and began the legislation we see now. i.e. they want to make it illegal for the authorites to serve a warrant and seize evidence before your secretary gets the phone call from you to shred it.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...