Sian [Poker Flat] + Brett Longman [Logistic] at der Schall !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • areconnected
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2005

Sian [Poker Flat] + Brett Longman [Logistic] at der Schall !

Hola chicos,

Like every month I?m here for invite you to hear my show called der Schall NEXT Wednesday July 26th airing from 10:00 till 12.00 EST | 9:00 till 11:00 CST | 15:00 till 17:00 GMT | 16:00 till 18:00 (Germany and Spain) at www.mercurysessions.com

Starting the first hour with an exclusive dj set from Sian from Steve Bug?s label: Poker Flat. I met Sian at S?nar this year and he is a good and talented guy, we have a similar taste in music and similar records in our cases so I?m sure you will love this session.

The second hour is an exquisite, dark and funky LIVE PA from Brett Longman. At the beginning of this year I bought his record on Logistic called: Love Bluff and I was like: who is this guy?? Awesome work? you better have to listen to this?!

Sian
    [Poker Flat]

Born in Dublin Ireland, raised gypsy style in southern Spain,Sian, aka Graham Goodwin he has produced and released electronic music consistently during 8 years and has worked with diverse artists during this period.
    After 2 albums and several singles with electronica labels, he releases "Sei EP" on Poker Flat with a remix from Steve Bug, which instantly goes into Mixmag, groove.de, DJmag, IDJ, de:bug highest esteem, gets airplay from BBC1,Switch Radio etc and ends up in the record boxes of all the main techno/house luminaries.
    He records alongside everyone from Ricardo Villalobos, Luciano, Steve Bug, Martini bros, Gabriel Ananda, John Tejada, Dominik Eulberg and djs/live regularly with every legendary techno/house/electronica name in the business today.
    Out now are his Dessous ep, Cinematheque and "Gypsy Life EP" on Karmarouge.

With his DJing adventures so far, Sian started out supporting in the legendary Kitchen in dublin, and has supported and headlined in the likes of The End, Cargo, Remedy, Soap Club,333,Retox,The Loft, Dirty Disco, Remedy etc etc. He is resident@ POGO Dublin and plays regularly at Remedy events and other leading Dublin clubnights.
    This week he played Garden Party festival, alongside Carl Craig, Alexander Robotnik, Ewan Pearson, Booka Shade and Super Discount, and in UK with Oliver Huntemann and Martinez then onto Sonar, djing at the Galaktika/Moon harbour beach party.
    This year he will play regularly all over Europe,highlights include two events at the Loveparade weekend in Berlin and Das Schiff boat party, on a vintage cruise liner in Switzerland.
    Next up is his debut EP on Karmarouge, followed by releases with Einmaleins and remix projects for 06 including the much respected Vegetable Orchestra project (past remixes were Luciano/Villalobos)this project will see him produce a mix alongside Anja Schneider, Dominik Eulberg etc.
    His production is arty, unique and childlike simple, he works with sounds as blocks of bright colour and makes music for both the club and mind simultaneously.
    High profile releases with the uber-cool Pokerflat/Dessous/Karmarouge Labels combined with support from the real worldwide house/techno scene, means he has begun forging an established name for this quiet fellow as an original and rare talent amongst the community.
    Keeping his music intellectual whilst energising the dancefloor, He believes that electronic music is more than just an interesting theory, it shapes lives and he lives for the sweat and energy of this beautiful scene.

Brett Longman [Logistic]

In the beginning, Brett Longman was a classical music pianist but the early 90?s rings to him like a bell from the Detroit's car factories annoucing the Underground Resistance. On his decks are spinning along with techno, Dj Shadow, U.N.K.L.E and Dj Krush that he likes to mix with Aphex Twin or Derrick Carter, depending on swinging mood. He has produced broken hip hop, dub influenced house music and trip hop and finally released his first single (Chronowax), followed by an album ?The Exchange? (Nocturne) sounding cinematic but minimal?

Hope you all enjoy this

l o v e

sharon

www.sharonschael.com
    myspace.com/sharonschael
    facebook.com/djsharonschael
    soundcloud.com/sharonschael

der Schall on protonradio.com
Working...