X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jay813
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2005

Re: Sasha & Digweed NYE 2007 - Hollywood

is there any real reason to get VIP? i only plan on going on NYE, not the 30th. i will probably end up going alone as all my friends are assholes. we gotta setup a meet for all the people going on here.

Comment

• carlos omar
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jul 2005

I'm still waiting for GIANT to post furhter info. on the hotel packages, anyone have any recommendations?

Comment

• j_love01
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2006

In case you guys haven't checked out Giant's site lately or receive the email:

GIANT MAXIMUS Hotel Rates for the Westin Bonaventure are now up at giantclub.com Available exclusively to you, these rates will range from $139 to $159 per night, depending on how early you book.

Please note, due to the demand around the Rose Bowl, the hotel is requiring a two-night minimum stay. We recommend staying Sunday, December 31 and Monday, January 1, 2007 as, in addition to going late into the wee hours at giant MAXIMUS on New Year’s Eve, we will be having a day / evening party very close to the Bonaventure on Monday, January 1, 2007.

When you book online, please select dates that encompass at least two nights, otherwise it may appear that the hotel is sold out on New Year’s Eve, which is not yet the case. Of course, you can call the hotel directly at 213.624.1000 – to get our rate, please let them know you’re coming in for the GIANT MAXIMUS event, our group code is “gian06.”
        SOUNDSLIKE Web
        SOUNDSLIKE Facebook

Comment

• SibuOne
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jan 2006

So the question now is "Will Call" or "Express Mail"? I heard in the past that it was a long wait to get in, and I'm not quite sure that either or option will move the line along for me. Anyhow, just trying to get suggestions on what approach to go about it. I typically do "Will Call" for other events but I'm not sure this time. Anyhow, see you there kids.

-SIBU

Comment

• j_love01
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by SibuOne
            So the question now is "Will Call" or "Express Mail"? I heard in the past that it was a long wait to get in, and I'm not quite sure that either or option will move the line along for me. Anyhow, just trying to get suggestions on what approach to go about it. I typically do "Will Call" for other events but I'm not sure this time. Anyhow, see you there kids.

-SIBU
            I've heard horror stories about Giant Will Call lines...I went ahead and chose the mail option...
            SOUNDSLIKE Web
            SOUNDSLIKE Facebook

Comment

• SibuOne
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jan 2006

Thanks J Love, I think you pretty much said it. I'll I hear is "horror" and that pretty much does it for me. Of course, there is no gurantee that this will go any smoother, but I'll have it sent express mail.

Cheers,

-SIBU

Comment

• j_love01
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by SibuOne
                Thanks J Love, I think you pretty much said it. I'll I hear is "horror" and that pretty much does it for me. Of course, there is no gurantee that this will go any smoother, but I'll have it sent express mail.

Cheers,

-SIBU
                Who knows, maybe this year everyone will by hard tickets and the will call line is smooth sailing...

I'm showing up early...probably before 9pm...in time for Jimmy. My guess is he'll come on at 9pm, play til 11pm and then S&D from 11pm - 5AM.

Fuk it's getting close...
                SOUNDSLIKE Web
                SOUNDSLIKE Facebook

Comment

• SibuOne
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jan 2006

No doubt, last I caught Jimmy was at Spundae some time ago. Good times for sure. I'm getting a video camera just for this event, I'm hoping this wont be an issue. I wanted to upload and share.

Comment

• blissout
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Jun 2004

just reached LA
                    will be heading down to melrose ave, to temple of boom to get the tixs, hopefully they still have them

j_love01, just to check with ya since you mentioned bringing along a video cam. who can we check to confirm whether we're able to bring digital or video cam to the event ? i hope they allow digital cam, at least

Comment

• j_love01
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by blissout
                      just reached LA
                      will be heading down to melrose ave, to temple of boom to get the tixs, hopefully they still have them

j_love01, just to check with ya since you mentioned bringing along a video cam. who can we check to confirm whether we're able to bring digital or video cam to the event ? i hope they allow digital cam, at least
                      I'm not sure on video cameras...I've never had a problem bringing digital cameras in...my guess would be that they are both ok.
                      SOUNDSLIKE Web
                      SOUNDSLIKE Facebook

Comment

• SibuOne
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jan 2006

Fantastic to hear, a moment like this needs to be captured. Will make every effort to bring one in.

Comment

• Jay Fury
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

It sux living on the east coast! I wanna see S & D! We are takin a limo to Avalon, Boston to see Tiesto, but I'd much rather be in Hollywood!
                          Mind and Body crave light, because we live in Darkness.

Comment

• rubyraks
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

^seriously what are you complaining about, we get S&D at least once a year and had them once a month for over 5 years...nothing sucks about that

I'd love to be there myself, but there's a comfort in knowing that come March or April I could count on them both playing here in NYC on the east coast
                            "Work like you don't need the money.
                            Love like you've never been hurt.
                            Dance like nobody's watching.
                            Sing like nobody's listening.
                            Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• SibuOne
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jan 2006

Yeah, I've been longing to catch these two at Crobar myself but never got a chance to. This moment is long over due for me, and here in the west coast. Time's been ticking, and my ticket is burning a hole in my pocket to. Can't wait much longer!

-Sibu

Comment

• blissout
                                Getting warmed up
                                • Jun 2004

have e-mailed to giant enquiring for the digital camera to bing in, and they replied it's ok. not sure about recording devices though

and it would be great to catch the rose parade after the event

Comment

Working...