X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Late report from Ibiza: Sasha/Hernan @ Pacha

Just got back from the white isle after an amazing time (cancelled/delayed flights aside).

The main event was the Renaisance night at Pacha - the worlds loveliest club. Its a large converted white farmhouse with the courtyard turned into a dance floor and its a really space.

Things started with the heavily under-rated Marcus James progging things up before Sasha came on at 2.30 am for 3-hours. The first two were vintage slasher - starting with the 1st track from his new Fundacion-live release and he just kept the amazing tracks coming, wave after wave of those infamous sonic soundscapes. The final hour was harder (the crowd lapped it up and the floor kept on moving).

Hernan took over from 5.30 - 8.00, keeping it dark and progressive. Usually I'd be knackered by that time but he played so well that the things just flew by. Can't wait til he plays Leeds in August.

I've also found the answer to what Sasha does in his hols - he was in Space 2-nights earlier for Tenaglia/Cox looking suitably trashed by the bottom bar - respect !
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: Late report from Ibiza: Sasha/Hernan @ Pacha

pics plz

Comment

• zeronineteen
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
      I've also found the answer to what Sasha does in his hols - he was in Space 2-nights earlier for Tenaglia/Cox looking suitably trashed by the bottom bar - respect !
      Sasha? Fucked Up? Really?
      Before you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness.

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Sorrry - no pics (although Renaissance usually oblige via their site) : I have enough trouble taking care of myself .. let alone a camera & photography duties !
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

^ fair enough.

Comment

• chemicalbeavis
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Glad you had a good time there Si, sounds awesome

Comment

• superdave
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
              Sorrry - no pics (although Renaissance usually oblige via their site) : I have enough trouble taking care of myself .. let alone a camera & photography duties !
              Good answer and I can totally relate. I'm usually having too much fun to work about pics.
              Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Working...