Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SyntaxTerror
    • Jun 2004

Re: fvcking beatport

I use Beatport a tonne and I've never had a problem with the cart. Even when I add tracks to the cart when I'm not signed in, then sign in it adds them nicely to whatever else is in my cart.

Currently my cart has been growing for about 2 months without me pressing the purchase button. Nothing has been lost. Big kudos must go to Beatport, I think they're the only site on the net who have properly mastered flash well enough to run a whole shop off it. Not only is it an alternative, but I find the interface less restricting than the html equivalents out there.

Furthermore, beanz some of us rely heavily on purchasing in large batches. Since I don't live in the US it means that I have to pay a currency exchange fee on the purchases. So purchasing tracks instantaneously one at a time or in small groups is a waste of money.
    "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• beanzncheez
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SyntaxTerror
      Since I don't live in the US it means that I have to pay a currency exchange fee on the purchases.
      That really sucks. I'm sure glad that I don't have to pay any fees for purchasing items overseas. I'd hate that.

Comment

• darkmark
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by beanzncheez
        ^ ^ Because they sell compressed audio files.
        What they sell is irrelavant. 99.9999999% of sites let you register and then add things to your cart. Then, when you're ready to check out, you provide billing and CC info. That's standard behavior.

At Beatport, you can register, but then you can't add to your crate. You get an ERROR message when you do. At least get the f-ing credit card during registration, or disable the Buy button.

I was also having the Firefox sign-in problem but then found some info here about
        how to fix that...

Great site otherwise with top visual design, trax and search.

Comment

• beanzncheez
          Banned
          • Jun 2004

^ ^ You missed the joke completely.

Comment

Working...