X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Another Conservative Comes to his Senses

Nope, he's missing it on all counts -- he's trying to uphold the office of King, and he clearly doesn't believe that the Constitution is applicable any more...

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

clinton was never going to be impeached. it was the republicans way of saying ''he is evil'', the dude, got a blowjob and no one with a semi-normal intellect gave a damn. look at his trannie husband/wife that i have to deal with in NY now.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Clinton was, in fact, impeached. He wasn't removed from office, which is the step after impeachment, but he was impeached.

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

imo that was where the downfall of us politics began...

Comment

• thesightless
            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
            • Jun 2004

nah, it got rolling with nixon. once the gov't decided to out its opponents, it never stopped. they were 100% correct to do it, but it has been out of hand. every president has has a major controversy that isnt a real controversy (outside of the war, which for every geneva convention agreement we taunt for it being illegal, there is one saying it is.) . american politics are just plain broken.
            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• mylexicon
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

political corruption came to a climax during the civil war. Then carpetbaggers jacked this place up like no one has ever seen.

I think the article is really good, except for his understanding of Iraq. Like all media people and media consumers living in big cities, the author focuses on the micro details and not on the big picture.

After 9-11 we had to completely reevaluate our stategic contingency plans. A year after 9-11 Iraq starts f-ing around with U.N. inspectors again. Why? Saddam was either making WMD or was trying to provoke us into war. Either way we called his bluff and he got raped. Unfortunately the rest of Iraq and our own soldiers didn't fair well either.

I'm sure our strategic contingency assumed that even the most ignorant social pacifist would have sided with Bush instead of Saddam and that we would have support during the rebuilding and military campaign, unfortunately that assumption was the biggest strategic error we made. Insolence, it seems, is far wider spread than we believed, particularly in Europe and in the American press. Anyone who attempts to stop a war by victimizing a brutal dictator and villifying a relatively upstanding man (because he is a slackjawed Texan) isn't worth the Charmin they wipe their ass with.

The Bush cabinet's failure to neutralize such boundless irrationality is its great downfall. Clinton knew how to manipulate the Europeans and the media clowns, Bush doesn't bother with such endeavors, and we're paying for it.
              Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

"our President is incapable of the tasks he is charged with. I almost feel sorry for him. He is clearly in over his head"

from day one.

and the bit about politics being driven by pots and pots and pots of money - aint dat the truth!
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

Working...