X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chemicalbeavis
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Sasha

Totally lost the plot imo, what is the crap he's started playing just lately? absolute garbage imo, and what about the Sasha newsletter which seems to keep appearing in my inbox trying to sell me Sasha "tour" t-shirt and CD bundles FFS what the fuck is a DJ selling rock concert style tour t-shirts for? what a twat, i cringe when i think about it, the guy is a complete tit. And there's Sasha stickers ffs, with a London transport logo with "sasha" written on it, if it wasn't so sad it would be funny. And check out the "news" page for instance - TICKETS RELEASED FOR LONDON GIG - The additional tickets released for sale via this web site for Sasha?s show in London at The Key on Thursday, 27 July are now sold out" Since when has a clubnight been a "gig" or a fucking "show"? and don't get me started on the "exclusive Sasha polyphonic ringtone" for ?3. What utter bollocks, everything Sasha has been about is lost imo, Since the crap that was Airdrawndagger (which owed more to Charlie May and Junkie XL than Sasha) it has been a slippery slope and now he's at the bottom,

*i'm just listening to the recording of his set from Global Gathering from last night and can honestly say it's shit, just miserable uninspiring plod. "Give it up for Sasha" - leave out the "for" imo

btw, last tune is 16 Bit Lolitas "Dance and Fiction" in case anyone's interested....
    Last edited by chemicalbeavis; July 30, 2006, 05:39:19 AM.
  • Wanni
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha

I don't want to admit it, but the facts are the facts. If it was Oakenfold doing all of this shit, what would we be saying?

EDIT: I still think that Sasha can wreck a dancefloor and is one of the best in the world, but he's gotta chill out with trying to sell his shit.
    NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• unkownartist
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

the 30 minute or so set he did for global gathering on radio 1 yesterday has to be one of the poorest sets i,ve heard in my entire life...so dissapointing and i also told dnb headz who were going to it to check his set out as i thought he might of put an effort into it because it was such a big event, man i,m gonna get ripped on monday

Comment

• speciale
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Dec 2005

maybe he is just old. Taste changes with time. The tiesto bug hitting him you think?
        Originally posted by Miroslav
        It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
        No Soup for You

Comment

• geoffgulley
          Platinum Poster
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by chemicalbeavis
          *i'm just listening to the recording of his set from Global Gathering from last night and can honestly say it's shit, just miserable uninspiring plod.
          Thank you.........
          "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• supaz
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Chem, I surprised by your comments on Sasha, but I agree with you. I think Sasha is at a stage in his career to where he's pushing his brand and maximizing his cash flow.

Probably partying less and dj'ing too sober IMO

Comment

• dawnx
              The Donator
              • Jun 2004

Dose he still class himself as superstar dj?

Comment

• rewing3
                I really don't care
                • Jun 2004

Simon, you suprise me. You used to alway stick up for sasha when everyone bashed me. I will agree with you though it seems sasha is losing it. His recent sets have been kinda of shitty. He needs to get rid of albeton and go back to using cds or vinyl. The fact that he is selling t-shirts and other stuff on his website really is no big surprise. People will do anything for a buck.
                Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• sammwalk
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

guys, remember a few years ago it was bad, but then it got good again. just give him time.

Comment

• floridaorange
                    I'm merely a humble butler
                    • Dec 2005

he's got a think-tank of pro's who appreciate the bottom line...he's big whats the big deal? I wish everyone had sasha cd's playing more often imo...never underestimate the change in a dj like sasha partying less,their bound to start playing crap w. out their meds.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• hulkhuss
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Yeah he is selling out big time
                      http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• ubiqe
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

it's funny that you post this... just check the reviews of his show at the key. They seem to be in totally different tone I'm not surprised he wouldn't be playing his best after a night like that...

Comment

• hulkhuss
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

I cant remember the last time a heard a really good sasha set
                          http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• chemicalbeavis
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ubiqe
                            it's funny that you post this... just check the reviews of his show at the key. They seem to be in totally different tone I'm not surprised he wouldn't be playing his best after a night like that...

Well all i can say is i'm glad i didn't go, i was on the verge of it and i won't bother with TDK either which was on the cards, i wonder if he will be selling his "tour t-shirt and CD bundles" from the booth, and free Sasha "underground" stickers for the 1st 100 entrants, everything about Sasha just stinks of cheese, his music, his marketing, everything. give it up imo

Comment

• anonin
                              Juvenile Delinquent
                              • Oct 2005

sasha is an over-rated coked up goon these days, he may be able to pull the wool over the prog house muppets eyes, who think hes this cutting edge dance music icon, but theres too many djs who are running circles around him these days for me to even pretend like sasha is a factor anymore.

Comment

Working...