the tech house representation on this board is pathetic...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: the tech house representation on this board is pathetic...

I love tech house. My idea of tech house is Mr. C, Terry Lee Jr., Sean Cusick (now and then), The Timewriter, Terry Francis, all the stuff from Plastic City, maybe Electrolux ... but certainly not Booka Shade, Loco Dice, Luciano, Steve Bug (maybe), Ozgur Can (?!)

I dunno man ... what's your idea of tech house??

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• anonin
      Juvenile Delinquent
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by feather
      I love tech house. My idea of tech house is Mr. C, Terry Lee Jr., Sean Cusick (now and then), The Timewriter, Terry Francis, all the stuff from Plastic City, maybe Electrolux ... but certainly not Booka Shade, Loco Dice, Luciano, Steve Bug (maybe), Ozgur Can (?!)

I dunno man ... what's your idea of tech house??
      its all encompassing imo

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Dude that's like saying prog house is all-encompassing ... look at that electro crap they call "prog house" now.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• beanzncheez
          Banned
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
          Dude that's like saying prog house is all-encompassing ... look at that electro crap they call "prog house" now.
          @ thinking there's electro in prog. house

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Comment

• GregWhelan
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

I can see why you have become disillusioned with prog-house anonin - there are no driving, pulsing anthems released any more. I'm amazed at the crapness of some tracks that people shoot their load over these days

Comment

• KinKyJ
                Platinum Poser
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                I can see why you have become disillusioned with prog-house anonin - there are no driving, pulsing anthems released any more. I'm amazed at the crapness of some tracks that people shoot their load over these days
                That and the fact like some DJs are playing like they're on valium. Take that last Digweed album for instance. GOOOOOOOD that was boring!!!

Comment

• beanzncheez
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2004

Shootin' a load.

Comment

• Kinetic
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

I have a hard time answering this one, but I guess I like tech-house.

I say "guess", because I think the boundaries between electro-house, tech-house and some prog-house and minimal, are increasingly blurred. I mean, I was playing around with Martinez´ "Underwater" track a couple of hours ago...what do you call that? I feel I could use that track to make a transition into any genre, if I was doing a mix.

And besides Martinez, there´s guys that I´m really enjoying at the moment, like Eelke Kleijn, Robert Babicz, Gui Boratto, Oliver Moldan, Oliver Koletzki...some people call it "electro", yet there´s nothing electro about their sound, but maybe it´s not really tech-house, yet it also has some prog influences...

You´ve got tracks that seem like slowed down techno, but are 8 or 9 minutes in lenghth, and they´re all loop based like most techno, but have some melodic bits tthrown in...how´d you call that?

I dunno man, why do you really care, there´s this guy who heard my last mix and called it electro and asked me "if I minded him calling it electro"..I mean sure, if that´s the best way for you to label it, I don´t mind at all....in the end, I think there´s a whole bunch of people here who actually like tech-house without labeling it like that...
                    "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                    http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• beanzncheez
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2004

You want tech house? Try some Merzbow.

Comment

• AntonyM
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2004

Wouldn't Merzbow
                        be techincally
                        Ambient noise core
                        His stuff on The Extreme label is great
                        Originally posted by Shpira
                        So came back last night...
                        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                        Originally posted by Illuminate
                        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• beanzncheez
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2004

I was kidding. Jesus. Have a beer.

Comment

• GrantT
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Me likey-likey tech house... I certainly prefer tech house (very broadly speaking) to all other genres.

My local Aussie tech house picks: Robbie Lowe, Tim Culbert and David Berkley
                            Australia's best - .AUdio on www.protonradio.com

Comment

• beanzncheez
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2004

Robbie be spinning the techy stuff now? I haven't heard one of his live sets/mixes in years though.

Comment

• GrantT
                                Gold Gabber
                                • Jun 2004

Head over to the Promos & Recommendations forum, and look for the .AUdio megapost - there's a live set of his in there for MP3 download from Turnmills last year. Robbie's been playing tech house for 10 years.
                                Australia's best - .AUdio on www.protonradio.com

Comment

Working...