X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Aol

I read that AOL is firing 5,000 employees the other day, but thats not what this thread is about.

So I turn on my laptop and AOL Instant Messanger automatically opens. Then this article pops up as always from AOL, talk about desperate.

Masturbate-a-thon :

Self-Love-a-Thon Hits London, TV
    Editor's Note: Reading this may or may not make you blind.

On August 5, whole bunches of people will gather in a hall in London and go to town doing the wango tango. I'm talking about spanking the monkey and petting the petunia. Yes, I'm talking about m-a-s-t-u-r-b-a-t-i-o-n.

I've always said there are two kinds of people: Those who masturbate and those who lie. Now, the aforementioned group and their lying friends are invited to participate in the Masturbate-a-Thon. This is a real event, I'm not making it up. It's an eight-hour self-love-a-thon which "seeks to raise awareness of, and dispel the shame and taboos that persist around, this most commonplace, natural and safe form of sexual activity."
    The event was originallly conceived by the Center for Sex and Culture in San Francisco, which produced the first public event six years ago, and another earlier this year.

Like its American inspiration did, the UK event will raise money for charity. People will seek donations from their friends -- and co-workers and family, of course -- to sponsor them for each minute that they you-know-what. Funds raised will be donated to two organizations in the U.K. that work in sexual and reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS.

This might be the most fun charity work one could ever imagine -- helping others while doing something that also benefits oneself.

People can choose to be in rooms that are all women, all men or mixed. Touching others is basically not allowed. Each participant is assigned a monitor who, organizers say, are not voyeurs and are embarrassed by nothing. I guess it could go without saying that little to nothing can embarrass the self-love-lovin' participants either.

Participants can elect to be considered for the prize for most orgasms. How exactly does one judge women here? If I knew, I might be disqualified as the editor of this blog. But it is my understanding that straight guys can't always tell either. Do women know when other women are faking? (Note: I asked one of my resident lesbian experts who feigned that SHE can always tell but agreed to pose the question to a huge tribe of women here).

One other fun fact: A documentary is being made of the event (and the organizing leading up to it) -- and it will be shown on British television. Channel 4 editor Andrew MacKenzie said that the film is in keeping with their "provocative and mischievous" programming in the same vein as their 'Penis Week.'

Is it just me, or does British TV sound way more fun than ours? Given the choice between watching their 'Penis Week' or our 'Shark Week,' I'd say we're getting the short end of the stick on this side of the pond. And no, 'Big Brother' does not count as a 'Penis Week.'

I never did buy the warning that "every time you masturbate, God kills a kitten." I'm more of the school of that Luther Ingram mega hit, "If Loving Me Is Wrong, I Don't Want to Be Right.' Or something like that.

WTF?

It was fun while it lasted...
  • beanzncheez
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

Re: Aol

Bump.

Comment

Working...