X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Speaker reco-

i already have a pioneer elite 7.1 reciever that is going to waste. i don't give a shit about surround sound to be honest, so i'm just looking for a couple of speakers that simulate surround. i have a loft, and the last thing i want to see is a bunch of fucking wires and surround speakers all over the place. so i'm looking for 1. moderately priced 2. sleek looking 3. quality sounding- speakers to match up with that amp. I loooked at KEF. Any other ideas? Even some older stuff i could pick up on ebay would probably suffice. I get most of my musical fix from Mackie and Allen & Heath, so i don't need to be really high end on this, but at the same time, i'm not going out and buying some sony or infinity crap.
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Speaker reco-

had to move this over to gyy where somebody will see it.

Comment

• sammwalk
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

i'd say pick up a Sound and Vision magazine; they usually have all the new stuff plus plenty of ads and reviews. if you're interested in a simulated surround sound system package, you're probably not going to get decent sound quality. most of the packages are made by the lo/mid-fi brands anyway. i'd say keep it piecemeal and see if there's a receiver that has a virtual mode; that way you can mate it with some decent speakers.

Comment

• asdf_admin
        i use to be important
        • Jun 2004

my pic. just because you have such a good amp.

more here Jenks. Pretty solid site. Click away my love. http://www.hometheatermag.com/
        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

JBLs are the cheap man's loudspeaker..... I didn't read the whole post Jenks but if you're looking for a relatively economical set of audiophile critical speakers, check out the new Image Series from PSB or try and get down with a lower end DynAudio setup. Ya cant go wrong with that
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• CHiEF_N
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

These guys have always been under priced overachievers. They're held in very high accolades by many leading sources. Check out the reviews section.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/
            ^Existing Extraordinarily^

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Mahatma Ghandi~

Comment

• Hambrecht
              Addiction started
              • Aug 2004

go with kef

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

Originally posted by Hambrecht
                go with kef
                thats a whole diff pricing genre
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                Originally posted by ace_dl
                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Hambrecht
                  Addiction started
                  • Aug 2004

Comment

• day_for_night
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

try and find some used mackies

ie. http://cgi.ebay.com/Excellent-Condit...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

• Jenks
                      I'm kind of a big deal.
                      • Jun 2004

Yyeah jeff, that's actually what i was thinking of doing since i don't really care about surround. I have the SRM450s for djing, might just mackie the whole joint out. Anyone used the 624s? I've only heard the 824s, which are sweet, but $$.

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

Go visit Hi-Fi-Fo-Fum on Big Bend in Richmond Heights (just south of Harvest). Although it is an audiophile store, they do have relatively inexpensive stuff there and because they are picky about what they stock, the cheapest stuff there will be better than much of what you'd find at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.

If your space is configured the right way, you can just run the wires out of sight on top of your duct work and get good sound without having wires all over the damn place. Failing that, you can get pseudo-surround sound by pointing some cube speakers at opposing angles so the sound will bounce to the back of the room; Bose has some that sound pretty good for their size. Let me know if you need a hand, I've gotten pretty good at running and disguising wires.

Comment

• Garrick
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

i tried hooking up my alesis mk2 monitors to my tv once and played a movie through them... without a doubt, they were blaring with good sound. no sound from the back, but that didn't matter so much. they are only $200 for the pair too.
                          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

Working...