• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BureOne
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

BeatPort 3.0 beta

Looked for a topic but nothing came up.

All I gotta say is these guys did a pretty damn good job. It's still in "beta" but I really like what I see. The whole place is different. So far everthing is working pretty good.

Anyone take a gander at it yet?

• groffhibbitz
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: BeatPort 3.0 beta

yea they finally fixed the bugs of them deleting my card constantly, so I'm happy. If they had just done that fix only it would be worth the update.

Also, the search is a little nicer. They have a lot of artist pictures which I could care less about though which slows my searches down slightly...

But overall a worthy update. Good job for them.

Comment

• Kinetic
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Yeah, but they now have prices in Euros and from what I see, I´m gonna start paying almost double of what I did before.

And I agree, I could give 2 craps about all thos little pictures, I´d rather have more results per page.

Oh, and I also dislike the fact that I can´t see the track length in the little player, as we used to be able to.
      "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
      http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• GLD
        Gold Gabber
        • Apr 2006

why still no paypal, fuckers!

Comment

• asdf_admin
          i use to be important
          • Jun 2004

yeah. it's been around since earlier this week ... pretty cool stuff ... yeah.
          dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Hannibal
            Getting Somewhere
            • Apr 2006

Too bad they raised the prices.... won't be shopping there very often any more :/
            Smoke weed every day...

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by groffhibbitz
              They have a lot of artist pictures which I could care less about though which slows my searches down slightly...
              you can choose to just search by a list of tracks without the pic tiles.

Comment

• Lorn
                Looking for a title!
                • Sep 2004

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                  i use to be important
                  • Jun 2004

Too bad they raised the prices.... won't be shopping there very often any more :/
                  what in Gods name are you talking about? the US prices are still the same, if you are taking about Euros ... well sorry you do the same to us Americains
                  dead, yet alive.

Comment

• geoffgulley
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Apr 2005

..... well, i just purchased some tracks there and all but 1 got the "alert. error. the file you requested was not found contact support..." popup. not a good start imo.... emailing support now.
                    "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kinetic
                      Yeah, but they now have prices in Euros and from what I see, I?m gonna start paying almost double of what I did before.

And I agree, I could give 2 craps about all thos little pictures, I?d rather have more results per page.

Oh, and I also dislike the fact that I can?t see the track length in the little player, as we used to be able to.
                      the prices are higher in the UK whch doesnt make sense.. but little mike also said they are working to update the trakc length feature <<< which i agree is one that they need to sort out.

still dont like the fact the player can only have one track in it at a time.. i like audio jelly's or magnetic grooves

Comment

• geoffgulley
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                        still dont like the fact the player can only have one track in it at a time.. i like audio jelly's or magnetic grooves
                        agreed.... it's nice to have the ability just to go to the player to relisten to a track rather than searching/finding the source file again... not a huge deal since i buy stuff every other day or so but still, it'd be a nice feature.
                        "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• groffhibbitz
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                          you can choose to just search by a list of tracks without the pic tiles.
                          no I meant when I search for an artist and click on.. say .. booka shade, I see a picture of them instead of it just taking me straight to a list of their tracks. (I think it's a they).

Comment

• asdf_admin
                            i use to be important
                            • Jun 2004

^ yep. it is they.
                            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• AntonyM
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Oct 2004

Have to take a look
                              Originally posted by Shpira
                              So came back last night...
                              Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                              Originally posted by Illuminate
                              Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                              2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                              3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                              4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...