X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

What's the point?

What's the point of having a cease-fire when the cease-fire isn't to take effect for a couple of days, and the parties to the cease fire take advantage of those couple of days to continue to bomb the hell of of each other?
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Re: What's the point?

agreed...and not only that, but the cease fire doesn't solve anything imo. i guess neither does bombing the hell out of each other, but basically Hezbollah is still there, and they're going to rearm, and we're going to replay this whole cenario over in the future. over the course of the next few weeks, it will be interesting to see how large and effective the multinational force is in south lebanon.

Comment

• Lorn
      Looking for a title!
      • Sep 2004

It will also be interesting to see who makes up this so called multinational force.

Comment

• superdave
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
        What's the point of having a cease-fire when the cease-fire isn't to take effect for a couple of days, and the parties to the cease fire take advantage of those couple of days to continue to bomb the hell of of each other?
        Maybe their thinking is any stop in the fighting is better than fighting?
        Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by superdave
          Maybe their thinking is any stop in the fighting is better than fighting?
          well, it's tough to argue with that. Giving them time to keep fighting just seems so counter to the idea behind the cease-fire, though....

Comment

• FM
            Wooooooo!
            • Jun 2004

"diplomacy"
            FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
            "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
            Facebook!
            A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

Working...