X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shosh
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

Iran's president launches weblog

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has joined a burgeoning international community - by starting his own weblog.

The launch of www.ahmadinejad.ir was reported on state TV, which urged users to send in messages to the president.

Mr Ahmadinejad's first posting, entitled autobiography, tells of his childhood, Iran's Islamic revolution, and the country's war with Iraq.

The blog includes a poll asking if users think the US and Israel are trying to trigger a new world war.

There is a postform for users to send in questions for the president, and a picture gallery containing a series of images of the blogger himself.

The move by Mr Ahmadinejad comes amid continuing internet censorship by the Iranian government.

In a country where the media is strictly controlled, the internet has become the main forum for dissident voices.
    But in its bid to crack down on anti-government bloggers, the government uses one of the most sophisticated internet censorship systems in the world.

Such restrictions will not pose a problem for the president. However, at the end of his first posting - which runs to more than 2,000 words in English - he promises to try to keep things "shorter and simpler" in future.

"With hope in God, I intend to wholeheartedly complete my talk in future with allotted 15 minutes," he writes.

Nose bleed

Mr Ahmadinejad's first entry on his blog, which is available in Persian, Arabic, English and French and includes an RSS feed to get future new entries to readers, is dated Friday.

He begins by telling users of his humble origins. "During the era that nobility was a prestige and living in a city was perfection, I was born in a poor family in a remote village of Garmsar - approximately 90 kilometres west of Tehran," he writes.

His father was a "hard-bitten toiler blacksmith" and a "pious man", who had decided to move the family to Tehran when Mr Ahmadinejad was just a year old.

Describing himself as a "distinguished student", the president tells how he excelled at school, coming 132nd out of more than 400,000 students to take a university entrance test - despite suffering from a nose bleed at the time.

He talks about his admiration and affection for the leader of the Islamic revolution Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, and discusses Iran's war with Iraq, calling former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein an "aggressor" who was "intoxicated with power".

The US is also heavily criticised by the president. At one point he describes it as "Great Satan USA" for what he says was its support for the "terrorist groups" which had tried to collapse Iran's Islamic government.

And the blog's current poll asks the question: "Do you think that the US and Israeli intention and goal by attacking Lebanon is pulling the trigger for another world war?"

'Publicity stunt'

It is not yet clear how well Mr Ahmadinejad's blog will be received. User figures already appear high - by 1100 BST on Monday, nearly 12,000 people had taken part in the online vote.

But Keivan Mehrgan, a Tehran-based blogger, told the Associated Press news agency he thought the president's efforts were merely a publicity stunt.

"Ahmadinejad used to have nothing to do with the internet and even talked against journalists and bloggers before he became president," he was quoted as saying.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Iran's president launches weblog

he also helped this.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

so its not OK to make cartoons about a fictional character, but its ok to joke about the murder of a few hundred thousand jews and christians......[start sarcastic] someone please just bomb his palace, not like a military, but lets see some more terrorism the other way, lets attack thier interests, lets hit mecca. who knows, we could make it fun. fly a few planes into tehran and we can all dance in the streets with american flags. we could bomb a few mosques and then parade around with giant crosses[/end sarcastic]
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• davetlv
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Apparently that cunt in Iran wants everyone except israelis to read his blog.

Read how the insitgator of Hizbollahs war on Lebanon uses his website to send computer viruses into israel, as if fucking Ketushot wasnt enough.

When will the west accept the fact that this lunatic is a threat to every freedom loving human on this planet.

Comment

• Miroslav
        WHOA I can change this!1!
        • Apr 2006

^^ Agreed...that guy is such a dick...and very dangerous.
        mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by davetlv
          Apparently that cunt in Iran wants everyone except israelis to read his blog.

Read how the insitgator of Hizbollahs war on Lebanon uses his website to send computer viruses into israel, as if fucking Ketushot wasnt enough.

When will the west accept the fact that this lunatic is a threat to every freedom loving human on this planet.
          anyone with a brain can realize when an influential LEADER OF A COUNTRY calls for a mass genocide, the spreading of, regrettebly, the most powerful weapon outside of a comet, to be spread out amoung nations who in the past have openly aggressed against others, and sometimes against thier own people, well.... that guy needs to be erased. its the only way to put it. he will do nothing for peace outside of not declare a war, he gets around it by rousing up militant groups who allegedly cannot be controlled. as was just evidenced by his country helping a militia in another country.
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...