Why do people hate the USA
Collapse
X
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
Originally posted by KinKyJ
♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•
Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
Well the first issue could be the arrogance of the question. The truth is, aside from the countries America keeps invading, most of the world doesn't hate you and in fact billions aren't even all that aware of you. Even the africans being used by your pharmaceutical companies as human guinea pigs are only worrying about where their next meal is coming from.
Second issue is the massive amount of self delusion [ an awful lot of it seen in this thread!] is a major source of annoyance and frustration, not hatred, to the rest of the world that does think about you. This "They hate us because of our freedom and riches etc" is merely a justification for those invasions which a lot of americans have swallowed hook, line and sinker.
.
Freedom !!! You have the Patriot Act, FFS!!
Rich?? Take a long hard look at the number of your fellow countrymen living in poverty, and a lot of these are working poor, they are not even paid a living wage for a fulltime job.
Humanitarian efforts I heard someone say? What on earth would make you think America would treat anyone else better than the people in New Orleans were treated??
As for the rest of the world collapsing if America closed off it's borders and isolated itself. As the world's biggest consumer America is a huge burden on the worlds resources,and you have a massive trade deficit!! America takes far, far more than it gives!!
That great economy? How many trillion is your national debt now??
On environmental issues the only country worse than America for greenhouse, I'm ashamed to say, is us right here in Australia.
The military? I feel very sorry for them conned into killing thousands of innocent people [remember there were NO WMDs, despite something like 70% of Americans still believing there were] and many many dying themselves, and they will be the scapegoats.
Bush is a major problem,. people don't look at the fact that he has a ridiculously low popularity rating for a President They tend to judge all americans by his actions, and let's face it someone who argues against a ceasefire so more people can be killed is pretty scary. Even scarier is the fact that Australia is following down the same path in just about every aspect.
The way I see it is that America people individually are pretty much the same as everyone else and I certainly don't blame them for all the worlds woes.[glass houses and all that!] The Americans I know , some I like, some I don't. pretty much in the same percentages as australians or any other race.
A lot of the problems could be solved if Americans saw it this way as well.
Btw Australians don't mind that a lot of Americans don't know where we are. We just think it's a great source of humour, as demonstated by the video posted earlier.
One of the great things though is the music!
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
Damn fine point, about americans not knowing enough of the outside world of the U.S. i get this at my work all the time. I mention something about europe,england, etc etc and i get looked at like im a weirdo (well i am weird, besides the point) americans just think that we're the center of the world, i disagree. The world is a huge place so many beautiful countries and people its a shame a lot of people in the u.s. dont think so.Originally posted by Mr.BigI really like the US, More so the west side.. California baby!! Only thing i have a problem with is americans not knowing other places around the world.. I dunno how many times i was asked hows the war going on over in Ireland >> ??Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
God poin above about most people not even being aware of you. I think it's only the so-called 'civilised & westernised' population who could bear a grudge against the US.
Personally, I find the hypocrisy of the US quite annoying. For example in most high level discussions, if anyone suggests an answer to a problem which isn't 100% in favour of the US interests, then they throw their toys out of the pram and clear off i.e. refusing to sign up to a genocide treaty (cos they know damn well that their soldiers would end up in court).
However having visited the US in 2002 I found the people very helpful and friendly. Mind you I was in Florida where I swear it didn't rain once in 3 weeks, no wonder people were happy!Comment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
How exactly do you have it so good? How would living in the USA be better (or any different) to living in say Australia, or the UK, or Ireland, or Canada, or the large majority of countries in Europe, or NZ, or Japan? (I could go on for a lot longer)Originally posted by sakio podis it really because we have it so good?????
Maybe that's part of the problem - you think you have something that all those nations I just mentioned don't have? I dunno, not trying to flame and haven't read the whole thread, but it always makes me wonder when people say things like that.
I'd like to hear from your point of view though what America has that those nations don't have."If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
Comment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
FREEDOM!!Originally posted by SyntaxTerrorI'd like to hear from your point of view though what America has that those nations don't have.
Seriously, in most westernized countries, the standard of living isn't really all that different from that in America. You still have easy access to food, lodging, and all of the modern conveniences of life. Compare the US (and much Europe, Australia, Japan, etc.) with a lot of the less-developed countries, though, and there is really no comparison. I was in the Dominican Republic a couple of years ago for vacation and was shocked at the poverty in which people lived. Homes were constructed out of old street signs welded together, banks were tiny shacks with the word "Banca" spray painted on them, and people were harvesting sugar cane -- the country's number one crop -- with oxen, carts, and scythes. Pretty crazy shit.
The one thing the US does have that I could see other developed countries having a bit of a beef with is our ability to project our culture. When I was traveling Europe a few years ago, I was shocked at how much American television, movies, music, etc. was available. In contrast, with the exception of the occasional British sitcom (which will eventually be redone in an Americanized version), a handful of European or Austrailian music artists, and the random film that circulates the art house circuit, we don't really integrate near as much foreign culture into our own. We're like the friend down the street who never wants to play with your toys because we like ours better -- and you begrudgingly agree.
I don't know if this is, in fact, part of the reason for any of the animosity, but that might get to me after a while if I didn't live here -- not in a vindictive, "let's blow the hell out of them" way, but in a "well, this kinda sucks" sort of way. Especially in Europe, you have all of these countries with incredible history and culture, and yet much of your pop culture seems to be comprised of American hand-me-downs. Maybe it just seemed that way because I was not expecting to see as much US stuff as I did.
I will say this, lest I come off sounding like a jingoistic snob -- most Americans unfortunately never bother to travel to Europe and other parts of the world. For those of us that do, though, it's a life changing experience. I did some backpacking across Europe a few years ago that took me through Ireland, England, Scotland, France, Italy, Greece, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Austria, Germany and Hungary. More than anything I've done here in the states, that trip had the most positive experience on my life and gave me a broader worldview.Comment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
Great post!!. Love the toys line and yeah, we really think we have it a lot better in Australia! I should say I'm not sure how long thats going to last with our current government.
You seemed to have missed us in your travels . You would be very welcome and Australia really is a great country.[except for the drop bears!] Hope you can make it sometime
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
Missed, but definitely not forgotten!! We might go back to Europe first because my wife hasn't been there yet and I want to break her in to serious travel with shorter-haul flights first, but it's very much on the short list. Many of my friends have been and all speak very highly of the Land of Oz...Originally posted by DIDIYou seemed to have missed us in your travels . You would be very welcome and Australia really is a great country.[except for the drop bears!] Hope you can make it sometime
Comment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
you are all wrong.




do we really need to see more?your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
well, i think most people, even those in the lesser-developed countries, think where they live is best because it's their home. Just a simple fact of growing up some place.Originally posted by toastyFREEDOM!!
Seriously, in most westernized countries, etc etc
I really agree with that about America and it's cultural influence...i don't know why more outside media influences aren't present...on second thought, I know exactly why: they either don't have the money to buy the air time, or are frozen out by existing media corporations, thus creating in Americans a cycle of non-awareness to outside media and resistance to it when they are presented with it. And I would understand if other countries were the same, with the same overall resistance to other media influences that we display, but so many countries eat up all the crap that comes out of here. I guess it's because our business doesn't end at our borders and intrudes upon those of other nations (hmmm...surprise surprise). This also probably confirms to a lot of Americans that their culture is superior, the fact that American media is everywhere (whereas it's simply what's available because global media is bought and paid for
). Many Americans pride themselves on this countries' cultural diversity, which in actuality only really exists in the big cities, if at all.
I think what it comes down to is that the US is geographically isolated from other countries (except Canada and Mexico; big deal), whereas European contries are all right next to one another and getting from one to another is as easy as driving a few hours or taking a train overnight. Same thing in the Middle East, same thing in East Asia (albeit on a larger scale). I really don't know how it is in Australia, and I would bet large sums of money that Australians probably have a similar attitude about themselves to what the target Americans of this discussion have about themselves. But the fact that other culture's media is forced upon countries with neighbors is one explanation to why Americans are so globally inept compared with their other "Western" counterparts; we don't have many neighbors, and those we do have are not as politically significant as those overseas. (sorry Canada and Mexico)Comment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
I think that this "cultural imperialism" is indeed an important part of the equasion, but the local retail sector is as much to blame for that as the corporations buying their way in with agressive and abundant marketing.
I don't have a problem with new concepts being introduced into our culture. After all, societies which remain static are doomed to disappear anyway. But I do have a problem with propper tradition and culture gradually being forced into musea by industry fueled events/holidays/whatever.
Take Santa Claus and Halloween for instance. Originally they weren't a part of the European culture (apart from maybe in the UK and Ireland). But during the past few years, they were injected in our lives (read consumer paterns). Why? Just the local economy seizing the opportunity to make extra profit.
Nope, I'm not gonna rant about capitalism and consumer society. People have the right to do with their money what they want. I just find it a damn shame that kids the days associate Christmas more and more with Santa than with the birth of Jesus Christ. Another shred of tradition and cultural history on the brink of being wiped off the table.Comment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
That dose not surprise me .... SAD CUNTS
And i do not think their is enough Space on this fourm for me to say why I HATE the USA Country.
I have nothing against ppl there ...but alot against the country and government.
Originally posted by etincellesi hate the south (aka the bible belt) but fortunately there are some 'oases' <sp>? around too so overall i suppose it's not too bad.
speaking of texas though: alot of these people are the ones who voted bush in.
moreover, you can go to a local bar here in my town and see bumper stickers that say 'f*ck allah' and 'kill muslims' and things like that. so it's obvious some of the sentiments the local populace share...^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^Comment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
Well I can say in my opinion, that I don?t hate usa but I hate americans, they fell they are the best,the center of the world, and totaly free, well,free are you free to drink alcohol with 19 years old? police in usa are like god, and I?m not talking of social insurence , if you have to go to the hospital prepare your walet, and also If you go to Usa bring your credit card otherwaise you are nothingComment
-
Re: Why do people hate the USA
Originally posted by santo26Well I can say in my opinion, that I don?t hate usa but I hate americans, they fell they are the best,the center of the world, and totaly free, well,free are you free to drink alcohol with 19 years old? police in usa are like god, and I?m not talking of social insurence , if you have to go to the hospital prepare your walet, and also If you go to Usa bring your credit card otherwaise you are nothing
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.



Comment