If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I figure of all places ths would be the place to ask, since music is a big part of most people's life on this board
Im talking about players like ipod, Creative Zen, etc. There are so many out there. Ive got an old creaive Zen xtra which is pretty good but the new players come with all kinds of stuff like video players and who knows what else.
Id like to hear you experiences and which one you would buy if you were going out right now to buy one.
iPod baby! I've always been a Creative buyer, but when I got my hands on an iPod, I was sold. One thing I like and which doesn't apply to Creative: the variety of add ons available. Check out http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/ for instance. I got me an iTrip to hook my pod up to my car radio. Love it!
I have a 1gig iriver with a built in Mic and most importantly to me as a DJ, a line in direct to mp3 recorder/encoder. It goes everywhere with me and I seriously use the shit out of it. It takes 1 AAA battery about once every two weeks and can also serve as a flash drive for data. I've never had the big storage of an ipod and since all I listen to are DJ sets anyway I just put em on and take em off day in day out with no worries. The unit is a touch bigger than a bic lighter and imo a very good and not commonly acknowledged audio device.
get an iPod, load Rockbox on it, buy a decent portable amplifier and a pair of good IEMs and your in audio heaven.
the open source system looks tasty but I started reading the installation guide...LMAO are you supposed to build a cold fusion device or what is this? Maybe I call you some day for phone support.
I have a 1gig iriver with a built in Mic and most importantly to me as a DJ, a line in direct to mp3 recorder/encoder. It goes everywhere with me and I seriously use the shit out of it. It takes 1 AAA battery about once every two weeks and can also serve as a flash drive for data. I've never had the big storage of an ipod and since all I listen to are DJ sets anyway I just put em on and take em off day in day out with no worries. The unit is a touch bigger than a bic lighter and imo a very good and not commonly acknowledged audio device.
I've got the iriver too and love it. Though someone pointed out the cowon products a while ago and it might be even better than iriver's offerings. The only disadvantage is the internal battery. I love the fact that if I need a new battery I just open the cover and pop in a new one.
alexfish, what model iriver do you have that takes a AAA battery? I have an ifp-795 and it takes a AA.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin
I have an iPod, it looks good, work well BUT iTunes is a real pain. It's not logical, not intuitive. The fact that they switch the format of your files (hopefully, you can choose to leave your mp3 as normal mp3 on your computer) to a special one is totally weird for me.
iTunes is great for people the newbies, but not for geek like us. We don't "think" the same.
It would have been so simple to just copy your mp3 on it and hit play without having iTunes loading a whole library with all your stuff.
Looks like iPod was designed by Apple, but iTunes by Microsoft
Santa Claus inc. World wide deliveries, once a year
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment